• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please provide your input on Disability Testing at Pacific University!

*GG*

I am considering on getting the testing done to quantify my disability. If people can share their experience and what I should expect, I would greatly appreciate it!

I would like to put my work career to rest and concentrate on living a more full and healthful life!

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
I am in Canada so not sure if it applies. I did not get any testing for disability. Previously I had a psychiatrist who ordered neuropsychological tests which showed slower brain processing in my brain etc. When it was time for my back to work program, my union rep arranged a meeting at my employers head office with them, union rep, and disability insurance rep. I had a letter from my CFS Special interest doctor saying I was not fit for any return to work. His knowledge of not going beyond limits and testing would be going beyond limkts. He also did my CPP disability which I got first time.

glen