• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plaquenil/ hydroxychloroquine

cb2

stanford is recommending plaquenil along with antivirals. I am taking famvir and have noticed improvement. seems like there are some folks here taking plaquenil and having good success and others who have had side efffects.

I am trying to decide between celebrex and plaquenil, in addtion to cfs i also am dealing with Lyme and using herbal byron white. . and a protuding disc in my neck. wondering what the best choice to make here might be , i am thinking that one of these might provide some comfort with the neck discomfort too.

would love to revive this thread and get some more info.. @adamslamb I am sorry to read of your vison loss, I hope that something has shifted and you have regained your site.

I do feel an aspect of my illness is autoimmune, too.
thanks

duncan

This script scares me, on a couple of levels. But people I consider smart advocate for it, so, who knows?

I would advise against dogma and laziness.

cb2

@duncan what do you mean by "laziness"? i know dr B got on me about no pacing enough, but i also know i do feel better when i am able to "push" and take my walks throughout the day.

or do you mean lazy by not looking up and doing more research on the medication?

cb2

thanks @duncan
this is part of my homework. ..sometimes it's easy to get lost in the electronic land..and maybe the only way for me to do homework is to try and see how my body responds.

duncan

I would never recommend this. Always pay attention to patient advice on intstructions.