• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pins and needles in lower back when walking

gm286

I've changed my regimen lately. Added zinc and Thorne Methylguard (B12/B6/B9).

Today I got pins and needles in a very specific area of my lower back. This would occur when I would move or walk.

I used to get this (lower left side near the hip) but never this bad. I wouldn't pay much attention to it as I thought it was friction with hair and jeans.

But it seems to me this is some kind of pinched nerve? Not very certain. All I know is I haven't had it in a very long time and I'm wondering if the zinc or B vitamins are provoking this. Maybe I should remove one or both and wait to observe.

The pins and needles sensation was very intense at work. At one point it spread and I felt like I couldn't or wouldn't want to walk more to avoid the sensation.

What the hell is going on...?

gm286

Also (may not be relevant) but I have a kind of mole or something right above the area where the problem occurs. I've had the mark for what seems a few years, at least. It is slightly painful when I touch or scrape it.

IMG_1740.jpg

GreenEdge

I don't think the vitamin supplements have anything to do with this, however I suggest adding some form of magnesium (eg. Magnesium Taurinate) because magnesium helps muscles to relax and because Zinc, B6 and Magnesium is a good combination.

Pins and needles, particularly when in a very specific area is usually an indication of a pinched nerve. I think you need time to take off work to rest your back. Check for twisted pelvis.