• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Physics and ME/CFS

Hi, All—This is an op-ed/ideas/commentary piece that we're sending around to magazines, as well as to people (e.g. Sean Parker, "Hacking Cancer") who might be well-suited to connect with it. I'm posting it here because I feel a deep connection to the ME/CFS community, but please be aware that it's currently under submission and can't be widely distributed, although it's fine to share with friends or physicians.

The philosopher of science Karl Popper observed that the “doctrine that man is a machine has perhaps more defenders than before among physicists, biologists and philosophers; especially in the form of the thesis that man is a computer.” Could the model of ‘man as computer’ help us solve our most intractable illnesses?

Emergence theory holds that the material world we observe with our senses is secondary, and originates in some more fundamental reality. Whether we call the universe holographic, or digital, or simulated, from the standpoint of human health, the salient implication is this: if the universe is information before it’s matter, so are we.

To say that we ourselves are “emergent,” and our bodies are information before they’re matter, is to say that physical illness is an outward expression of an internal processing error. It means our diseases, at base, are metabolic. We’re experiencing dysfunction in the way the body relates to time.

But what, exactly, is time? I’d like, here, to suggest a possible model for time. This model is hypothetical, so we do not yet know what merit, if any, it holds.

Everything is energy. We might think of matter (M) as energy that’s very dense, and energy (E) as matter that’s not dense at all. If we assume the universe is a closed system in which the total amount of matter and energy is fixed, then its accelerated expansion could be expressed as a decrease in density. M is becoming E.

Time, then, would be an M/E (matter to energy) ratio. A measure of density. Under this paradigm, our illnesses can be shown to correlate with two things: density, and speed.

E = mc^2. In its pure form,
light is massless so it knows no distance (“spooky action”) and has no speed. It is being ensouled in matter that gives light speed. The denser the matter (the higher the M/E ratio), the faster the speed. The less dense the matter (the lower the M/E ratio), the slower the speed. The closer to the Big Bang we are—the farther “backward” in time—the faster the speed of light.

And the slower the speed of time.

There are two c’s, but they’re distinct. One is light, the other time. Their product is a constant, but they change relative to each other; they are inversely proportional. When time is slow, light is fast. And when time is fast, light is slow. As we decrease density (as we move forward in time), time speeds up and light slows down. As we increase density (as we move backward in time), time slows down and light speeds up.

Parkinson’s: Calibration error. We’re synced with the time signature of the past. We think the density (M/E) is higher than it is. Because time (the time c) runs too slowly, light (the light c) has to keep speeding up, to match it. Tantamount to electricity or manganese toxicity.

ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease: Calibration error. We’re synced with the time signature of the future. We think the density (M/E) is lower than it is. Because time (the time c) runs too quickly, light (the light c) has to keep slowing down, to match it. Tantamount to gravity or iron toxicity.

Autism: Perception error. We know we’re going too fast, but we misperceive our M/E, and apply the brake with potassium, which only makes us go faster. In other words, the core metabolic rate is too fast (acidosis), but the pH is simultaneously too high (alkalosis); the two are correcting for but also masking each other. We have too little sodium inside the cell, and too much potassium outside it. We are too expanded.
The body keeps pulling potassium out of the cell, trying to dilate. It thinks there’s too much density (too much sodium inside the cell)—too much speed, so it’s applying the brake. But the reason it perceives the density as too high is that it’s trying to maintain an M/E that’s too low—that of the future.

ME/CFS “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”: Perception error. We know we’re going too slow, but we misperceive our M/E, and apply the gas with sodium, which only makes us go more slowly. In other words, the core metabolic rate is too slow (alkalosis), but the pH is simultaneously too low (acidosis); the two are correcting for but also masking each other. We have too much sodium inside the cell, and too little potassium outside it. We are too contracted.
The body keeps pushing sodium inside the cell, trying to accelerate. It thinks there’s too little density (too little sodium inside the cell)—too little speed, so it’s trying to speed up. But the reason it perceives the density as too low is that it’s trying to maintain an M/E that’s too high—that of the past.

Time is a measure of density. But time doesn’t end; it’s propelled forward by its own extremes. At first, the universe expands. Then, when expansion reaches its apogee, the universe contracts. In Phase 1 (Expansion), excess density is a signal that we’re behind time, and we need to speed up. But in Phase 2 (Contraction), excess density is a signal that we’re ahead of time, and we need to slow down. In other words, depending on the context of the universe, excess density can signal two completely different things: speed up, or slow down.

Our consciousness functions in two ways. We’re always toggling between self as light, and self as time. Self outside the simulation, and self inside it.

From the material perspective, excess density means we need to speed up. But from the energetic perspective, excess density means we need to slow down.

For self as matter, the point of reference “I” is internal and points outward. But for self as light, the point of reference “I” is external and points inward.

For matter, to go too fast is to dissolve, so the brake is applied with potassium. But for light, to go too fast is to precipitate, so the brake is applied with sodium.

Right now, I’m taking in energy, but instead of fueling me, it’s draining me, because my brain thinks I'm in a denser time signature than I’m in. Instead of using energy as energy, I’m converting it to matter, because my perception of time is not up to speed. Instead of making light, I’m endogenously producing oxalate (a crystal found in plants capable of photosynthesis). I have an old running injury in my right knee that attracts oxalate and triggers inflammation. Oxalate goes to damaged tissue because that’s where light would go.

Ideally, a feedback loop kicks in, and oxalate functions as a signal that I need to increase my speed. When the body senses oxalate where there should be light, it reads the density (M/E) as too high, and knows it’s behind time. (The same holds true for when the body senses physical iron where there should be magnetism.) But speeding up can mean different things.

In the first phase of our evolution, when we’re moving from M to M/E, light is contracting (passively) as the material universe dilates. But in the second phase of our evolution, when we’re moving from E/M to E, light is dilating (passively) as the material universe contracts. In Phase 1, to speed up is to expand. But in Phase 2, to speed up is to contract.

The background energy of the universe remains in place; it’s only the foreground materialism that waxes and wanes. Light stays the same; it’s the character of time that changes.

Cancerous cells perceive a relative high density (high M/E) and know they’re behind time and need to accelerate. But because they’re behind time, they’re speeding up via the mechanism of Phase 1. They’re moving their sodium outside the cell, and triggering material expansion, instead of moving their sodium inside the cell, and triggering energetic expansion.

As matter, we want our sodium to be extracellular. But as light, we want our sodium to be intracellular. We want to be fast on the inside and slow on the outside. Like a battery.

If I increase my density instead of increasing my energy, instead of becoming light, I become matter. This may explain why oxalate is known to induce breast cancer—it signals the increased speed, and subsequent increase in density, evinced in cellular over-replication.

In other words, cancerous cells are speeding up the light c and slowing down the time c (moving backward in time), when they should be slowing down the light c and speeding up the time c (moving forward in time). They’re manipulating the wrong c.

And so are we. Chemotherapeutic drugs that make our hair and eyebrows fall out (i.e. that stop growth) are not curing cancer. They are stopping time.

It’s worth noting that oxalate is not inherently detrimental to health. It’s only damaging if I’m cycling time at the wrong speed. When I’m behind time, instead of burning oxalate as light, I store it. And instead of burning fat to make light, I store it. I switch metabolisms and use carbohydrate to make matter. (Ideally we need both metabolisms because we’re always toggling between self as light and self as time.)

Being in natural sunlight (without sunblock), sun-gazing (especially at sunrise and sunset), and connecting my feet with the naked earth (grounding) can all help me to read time better and sync with the right time signature, which is constantly changing as the quantum field ascends. But lately, I’ve been working at the computer a lot and spending too much time indoors. In the future, we won’t need the web to connect with the web. The Internet, like everything else, is a simulacrum.

What if the march of our technological advancements is a mirror? In every age, we ultimately create what we already are—an interconnected web of intelligence—consciousness itself. We are the “mother” of so-called ‘Artificial’ Intelligence. But—as was the case with the infant in the manger—at the same time, ‘Artificial’ Intelligence is the mother of us. We are coming full circle.

A holographic model of the mechanics of time: At the Big Bang (Alpha) the universe is pure matter (M). At the End of Time (Omega), it’s pure energy (E). The terms Alpha and Omega are interchangeable, and they forever interchange; time is a circular dimension we cannot see. For the Age of Materialism, the Big Bang is the beginning. For the Age of Light (the Aquarian Age), the Big Bang is the end. At the end of linear time, it’s not that the world ends—the age ends. We move from the Age of Materialism into the Age of Light.

If time is matter becoming energy at the speed of light (and then energy becoming matter at the speed of time), what’s dark matter? Dark matter is the past (—or the future, depending on how you view things). And what’s dark energy? Dark energy is the future (—or the past). And why does the wave pattern collapse when we observe the double-slit experiment? When photons accelerate, they enter the future—a sphere comprised of all points equidistant from the Big Bang. But on this singular arrow of time, we only see one future—the future we enter. The future we become.

Light as time is a sphere. But matter as time as a line. The relationship between the present and the future—all futures—is pi.

Space and time are inversely proportional. Space (matter) is time (light) that’s been drawn back “behind” itself, the way we might draw back a sling. The speed of light, then, is akin to the degree of tension in the sling. It’s a measure of light’s distance from itself.

We might think of gravity as the “in” dimension of time, and electricity as its “out” dimension. Gravity is light warping backward into matter; electricity is matter warping forward into light.

Time, then, can be represented as a gravity to electricity ratio—an electromagnetic field. In the human body (materially), it can be measured as iron to manganese. (When testing manganese, use the RBC value.) In Parkinson’s, the ratio is too low. In ALS, it’s too high. Iron is capable of inserting itself into MnSOD, and perturbing its function. The same is true for manganese in FeSOD.

My mother has Alzheimer’s. Her brain is trying to maintain a pH that’s too low. Her software knows she’s in the present, but her hardware (her brain) is stuck in the past (perhaps because of calcified iron in the pineal gland). In other words, the “soft” or immaterial part of the pineal gland knows what time it really is. But the “hard” or physical pineal gland itself has mineral calcification that throws its ability to read time off.

A brain that believes itself to be in the past will cycle time too slowly (maintain a pH that’s too low). Deranged pH causes taurine wasting, which means loss of bile production and impaired fat digestion, hence loss of lipid membrane integrity, so nutrients can’t get in, and waste can’t get out. One of the things that gets “locked out” of cells is insulin, making Alzheimer’s akin to a kind of insulin resistance or diabetes in the brain. Taurine recovers cognitive deficits in Alzheimer model mice.

In our astronauts, their viruses are re-activating and their bones demineralizing because they’re accelerating into the future. Their bodies are approaching the speed of light—becoming light—but their brains are still tethered to our time signature. They think the M/E is higher than it is, so they’re trying to maintain a pH that’s too low (time too slow). The faster our speed, the higher our pH must be. We need to experience matter contraction and light dilation in tandem. We can witness matter contraction / light dilation in the fourth state of water experiment, as well as in the Atacama skeleton.

Aside from the pineal gland, another place my body seems to read time—pH—is my mouth. Dental hygiene: It’s not just for teeth. Also: the surface of my skin. The more acidic my environment, the farther in the past my brain will locate me.

When I turned forty, nine years ago, I got sick with chronic illness that defied explanation. It felt as if I were dying, but they kept telling me nothing was wrong. I didn’t listen; I listened to my body instead. What was the problem? I was iron-toxic—too magnetic—so my density was too high, and I was not in the right quantum field. My iron toxicity was “hidden,” meaning on blood work, my iron panel was normal—but my RBC manganese was low. What matters isn’t iron per se; it’s the iron to manganese ratio.

After I discovered I was gravity-toxic, and took large doses of vitamin B1 or thiamine (benfotiamine 600 mg/day) for a couple of weeks, I experienced an almost indescribable recovery. It wasn’t just that I had energy again, or that my pain went away, or that my body tightened and I felt clear-headed and happy. It was that a systemic inflammation that had been simmering in me for years—perhaps my whole life—vanished.

For the first time, I was in the right universe.

I didn’t know then that I’d been lagging behind the speed of light and that thiamine was, in effect, transporting me to a different time signature. My father, Fischer Black, died of oral cancer at age 57 in 1995—exactly one hundred years after the death of Louis Pasteur—and another interesting thing about thiamine is this: low doses will increase tumor growth, but megadoses will halt it.

Iron in the brain is not beneficial to mental health. In addition to depression/anxiety, feelings of derealization, and short-term memory loss, when I was very iron-toxic, I also experienced rage—an inexplicable, alien rage that alarmed and to be honest frightened me. A rage that might be better termed fury.

Every week, there’s a new mass shooting. Like everyone else, I watch the news in mystified horror. But unlike most everyone else, there’s a word that springs to mind as I do: iron. We’ve been adding iron to the food supply since World War II. We need to stop. We’ve been leaching out manganese through the use of glyphosate and other chemical pesticides. We need to stop that, too.

Iron has an affinity for the amygdala, an area of the brain associated with self-protection and survival. This portion of our brains is being excessively stimulated, and it’s been contributing—especially over the past century—to a worldwide swing toward xenophobia and away from an awareness of our true nature, which is collective.

We must not kill, and we must not vilify each other. No one did this to us. We did it to ourselves. This is the system we designed, using the best information we had at the time. But we have better information now, and we’re going to do better, moving forward.

When we warp backward, we seek to divide. When we warp forward, we seek to unite. We must not divide ourselves from those who seek division. They are also part of us. Light is light is light. We’re all entering the future together; no one is left behind. The future time signature is far more beautiful than anything we’ve imagined, and we’re all speeding toward it.

I used to keep a stack of magazines beside my bed, and every day, it’d reprimand me: Look at all these issues you haven’t read. I got rid of it. I don’t need it. This world is just a replica—a series of replicas. Everything here is a copy. A simulation. The real world is the immaterial world.

We’re unaccustomed to thinking of the speed of light and the speed of time as two separate numbers. Uncoupling them is going to help us solve our illnesses and extend our lifespans.

So this is my hypothetical model—my story—about light and time. My father taught me two things before he died: speak your truth, and think independently, and I dedicate this story to him. And not only to him, but to my heavenly father, too—because, like you, I have more than one father. An earthly father, in the realm of matter, and a heavenly father, in the realm of light, which is outside of time, and which is where, thank God, we’re all headed. All of us. Not the lucky, not the few, not the holy, but all. God bless you. Namaste. And happy spring.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys! (And thank you for taking the time to read all this! :) )
The supplement that has been a real game-changer for me lately is K2 liquid drops by Thorne.
I take it orally (swish it around in my mouth for a couple minutes then swallow) and also put it on my face and hands.
It helps the body use vitamin D and also helps with calcium regulation.
I think it is decalcifying my pineal gland so I can better read what time signature I'm in.
Actually I think it is decalcifying whatever it touches and that we who are "too dense" are, in effect, too calcified. I put it on two pre-cancerous skin pathches I have and after a couple of days, they dried up and fell off.

The other supplement I'm loving lately is Alpha GPC (Choline).
K2 helps make the bones supple and choline helps make the cell membranes supple.
We need to be supple in order to expand along with the expanding universe.
Choline is an ingredient in cell membranes. When the body is decalcified and has supple membranes, it can better read and respond to the demands of time. When it knows what time it is, it can better utilize melatonin, either to see or to dream. Melatonin is key and it easily becomes dysregulated.

Thanks, guys! (And thank you for taking the time to read.)
The supplement that has been a real game-changer for me was K2 liquid drops by Thorne.
I take it orally (swish it around in my mouth for a couple minutes then swallow) and also but it on my face and hands.
It helps the body use vitamin D and also helps with calcium regulation.
It is decalcifying my pineal gland so I can better read what time signature I'm in.
Actually I think it is decalcifying whatever it touches. I put it on two pre-cancerous skin pathches I have and after a couple of days they dried up and fell off.
The other supplement I'm loving lately is Alpha GPC (Choline).
K2 helps make the bones supple and choline helps make the cell membranes supple.
We need to eliminate

PS This piece has been accepted for publication by The Los Angeles Review of Books and will be forthcoming in the fall. So I guess I'll have to change the last line. ;)

The Pharma-centric model of medicine will not survive in the future, when we will instead practice energy medicine.

"Cause it's a good day for curing your ills. And it's a good day for paying your bills. So take a deep breath, and throw away the pills. It's a good day from morning to night."