• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pharmaceutical antibiotics in combination with Cowden or Buhner protocol

Thinktank

I've tried several of Cowden's products but they all increase inflammation in the GI tract. I need to work on my gut before adding the Cowden formula or any other supplements.

Daffodil

i did not do well on cowden. i tried samento but became too sick (herx?). tried banderol and just got worse cuz it wasn't doing anything. so now i am supposed to go back on regular antibiotics but it is taking me weeks to get my hands on the meds, which are not available in canada ugh

i no longer think rocephin helps because of anti-inflammatory properties. i think it helps because it is targeting bacteria.....but it might be translocated bacteria from the gut!

Charles555nc

I took it for two weeks continiously. It felt just like fluoroquinlone poisoning. Muscles and joint ache, weight loss and muscle waste, brain fog, irritability, anxiety, diarrhea, malaise. Most severe symptoms lasted well until 4 to 5 months after treatment, some like muscle waste, inability to gain weight, joint aches etc. are milder but still not gone. I'm not sure if the current symptoms are from toxicity or from the lyme disease, or both? Anyway, i've never felt the same after the combination cipro + flagyl. It completely ruined me.

@Iquitos, medical marijuana should be prescribed more often. Good to hear it helps you.

Flagyl really is a toxic drug, and I had symptoms of nerve damage from it. Tinadmax is a cake walk for me, dont even know why they still prescribe flagyl. And the whole brand of antibiotics that ciproflaxin belongs to, can cause serious long term/permanent damage all over your body. Levaquin can cause tendon/joint damage.

So long as the drug companies collect their own side effects and the cdc is busy shipping people with Ebola into the US and refusing to quarantine the 100 of so people that came into contact with said infected patient...cant look to governments for justice...completely run by corporations (very definition of fascism).

Might want to look into hyperbaric oxygen for repairing the damage to your body, and DMSA for removing any left over chemical in your body, (Dmsa removes metals from the chemical, breaking it down).

Last edited: