• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Petechia - tiny red spots - mainly on arms (burst blood vesels)

I have tons of very tiny, almost invisable little red spots on both of my arms. I think I've had this issue for at least 2 years or more. I know I didn't have it before I got sick. I'm wondering if this might be a sign of microclots? I also have cold hands and feet all the time so I suspect that I have very poor blood flow. I also have low B12 levels which I just started to correct recently. So maybe it's related to that?

I also have low B12 levels which I just started to correct recently. So maybe it's related to that?
I have them too, and further back in the thread, on page 4 it is mentioned by Crux, that they can be related to b12/folate deficiency. I have them too, and also I have b12 deficiency, so thanks for asking the question and thereby leading me to a possible explanation 😊.

Most people with b12 deficiency also struggle with low iron and vitamin d levels. Your cold hand and feet could be from iron deficiency.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
Havin to read a hypochondria discussion right within us makes me want to puke.

I have gotten this ill because I havent listend to my body for a very long time.
Petechia are not normal and should be investigated. I have them myself and I have severely reduced NK-T Cells to the point I barely have any at all (2/mcgL).

Needed to get this out of my head. sorry.

Havin to read a hypochondria discussion right within us makes me want to puke.

I have gotten this ill because I havent listend to my body for a very long time.
Petechia are not normal and should be investigated. I have them myself and I have severely reduced NK-T Cells to the point I barely have any at all (2/mcgL).

Needed to get this out of my head. sorry.
No you are right to find that disgusting. I only became severe because of people like that telling me that I wasn't really sick and was just lazy or paranoid. It's unfortunate to see that kind of thing in a group like this but a lot of disabled people have internalized ablism. No one is here because they are a hypochondriac, they are here because they are sick.

I know for a fact that I never had petechia before getting sick. There's a long history of skin cancer in my family so I started getting mole checks when I was a teenager and I paid very close attention to what my skin looked like. Unfortunetly I haven't been able to see a dermatologist in several years but hopefully I'll be able to in the near future. I'm hoping that the B12 will get rid of them but if not I'll ask a doctor about it.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I haven't been able to read the full thread but there's a doctor on YouTube that covers different cases and their discoveries about them and in one episode she talked about a woman having petechia to the point of some kind of anemia (iirc). The lady's blood test indicated she was loosing a lot of blood (she had petechia really bad - all those micro bleeds) and what it turned out that she had a deficiency in vitamin C.

Maybe not a factor in the cases mentioned in this thread but I thought I'd just bring it up. With our immune systems on overload with what we are dealing with I'm guessing some of us could be deficient.

ruben

I have these spots too, only I wouldn't describe mine as red, mine are more of a blue colour.