• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Persistent sore throat (PVFS)

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Doxycycline is a great drug if you have a history of animal exposure that could have given you a bacterial co-infection and signs of infection. However, it has the side effect of suppressing inflammation so it is common for it to mask problems. Your degeneration could just be that is acting as an anti-inflammatory. Usually if you have a bacterial infection it clears after two weeks, longer if you are on an immunosuppressant (6 weeks). So you could be just getting anti-inflammatory relief from the drug rather than it accomplishing anything

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
the amount of people here with permanent sore throat stuns me. I have developed it myself like 2 months ago and it doesnt seem to go away anymore.

If you ever get a new symptom, it likes to stick around huh? Shit. I Can barely swallow and they even looked in to my throat.

They said "mild inflammation" but nothing much they can do about it. They gave me pantoprazol wich doesnt do anything at all.

godlovesatrier

Valtrex got rid of mine and it hasn't come back. I now take 500mg a day. Hope to go down to 1g a week next year.

Reishi mushroom from lif extension will increase your NK cell function. I think that can help in also clearing inflammation which is driven by a virus. I haven't had any throat or neck inflammation in a long time.

Good luck.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I have Had CMV positive LTT and I thank you for your Information.

Hope you stay Well!