• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peridontal disease, chronic (occult) inflammation and neuroinflammation

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Btw, I think I read in another thread that you smoke...if so, nicotine is a serious risk factor for periodontal disease

Thanks for the reminder but its also a potent activator of the cholinergic antiinflammatory pathway so its swings and roundabouts. Oh OK it's on my to do list ;)

godlovesatrier

This is absolutely me. As per Hip's post. It started in my first year with bacterial tonsillitus and an infection in all my gums. Now if I do not take andrographis paniculata every day (Pukka brand herbs in the UK) I get pain and swelling. My dentist told me I've lost 10% of the bone so far and I am 33 - not supposed to see that loss until 45. I am absolutely 100% sure it is whatever is making me sick as this was NEVER an issue before I got sick, it just wasn't. I brush twice a day and if anything it makes it worse I sometimes fear. I also suffer from dry mouth which doctors cannot explain which thankfully is irregular (a few times a year) but that causes further issues in my mouth.

Anyway for those of you suffering who can buy andrographis paniculata from Pukka herbs (in capsule form). Take 1 of these 3x a day up to 2 3x a day and you will notice a massive difference. I had to stop taking it because I always do in the summer and it is just getting too damn expensive.

Hope this helps someone. Side effects from andro are slightly reduced energy levels but personally I'd rather have that than swollen painful gums with teeth that hurt when you push them together. I've had a clean, around 2 weeks ago, don't think that's relevant to this though.