• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PEM in CFS/ME must had abnormal muscle pain?

Hello i'm new in this forum. Actually i'm a bit confused about the real definition of PEM. Is this condition like doubled your fatigue after exercise or increasing muscular pain or what?

I'm still doubt if i having CFS/ME or not because the PEM thing. I hope someone will explained to me. Thank's. :)

Wolfcub

Yes mine is a sort of relapse of symptoms plus exhaustion that is out of proportion. Exhaustion so I start to tremble slightly. The symptom relapse usually (for me) includes an inner tremor, weakness, sometimes loss of appetite and sometimes weirdly increased appetite which feels strange. Always tiredness and some lower back pain, sometimes slight nausea and/or a slightly "fluey" sensation. My legs don't ache and my arms/neck etc don't ache, so muscles don't ache, as such. That's just me.
It can be hard to track down PEM for me because it doesn't come straight away after extra stress or exercise. It can take 2 days to happen. Nasty little devil.