• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Patients Taking Valcyte with Imunovir/Equilibrant

Sinclair

@heapsreal Although immunologist prescribed Isoprinosine 3x500 on Mon Wed and Fri only, I am trying with the following:

Week 1: as prescribed
Week 2: 2x500 on Mon Wed and Fri only
Week 3: no Isoprinosine
Week 4: as week 1
Week 5: as week 2
Then stop for a month, and re-start afterwards.

My change after week 1 was motivated by side effects (increased fatigue and muscle stiffness). I felt better on week 2. (Minor Side effects on the day of intake, feeling better the day after). Now I am starting week 3: pulsing and saving is behind the plan.

What do you think of my strategy?

Thanks!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@Sinclair

I have given up on a lot of the dosing strategies as I tend to forget a lot. Currently I take 2 immunovir morning and evening with weekends off. So keeping it simple. I have read a few non cfs studies of immunovir and many take 4 to 6 tablets every day for or months.

comes down to a schedule that suits you. Alternating schedules are designed to hopefully avoid tolerance??

CFS_Kristin

What you've described sounds actually pretty similar to the path I've ended up taking, though my doctor did not start me with LDN, and I took FOREVER to gradually increase dose of Equilibrant because even a quarter pill made me so incredibly sick (though totally worth it).

I hadn't heard that doctors weren't recommending 6/day, 4/day anymore for Imunovir. That's interesting. Do you take the 3 in three separate doses over the day? I'd like to discuss this with my doctor.

I also have not yet explored the POTS-type medications. I'm not opposed, but am also a bit nervous because they want me to do tilt-table testing first, and given what happens in my day-to-day, that would likely trigger a huge set-back in functioning for me. Sometimes it's months before I come back from something like that. Sometimes I never seem to - I just start from scratch from a new lower level of functioning. So I'm nervous to mess with it that way when I've been making solid progress. Can you tell me why you would suggest doing them first? Just because of the obvious improvement from them?

I got a terrible crash from the tilt table test. Took me over 2 months to recover, and still not the same as I used to be before. I would avoid this is possible. just my advice :)