• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parasite in gastrointestinal system found to promote health published April 25, 2022

Rufous McKinney

Looks like the Asians are moving past us in understand and treating gut issues...I just posted a thread on another study, that fixed long COVID, only I cannot even relocate that thread here. That was just 10 days ago.

Rufous McKinney

Here is some similar research from Canada and Czechoslovakia.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2021.641483/full

Front. Microbiol., 07 April 2021 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2021.641483

Blastocystis Colonization Alters the Gut Microbiome and, in Some Cases, Promotes Faster Recovery From Induced Colitis

excerpts:

Blastocystis, one of the most common intestinal eukaryotes, is reported as a pathogen that causes inflammation and disease, though health consequences likely vary depending on host health, the gut ecosystem, and genetic diversity. Accumulating evidence suggests that Blastocystis is by and large commensal. Blastocystis is more common in healthy individuals than those with immune mediated diseases such as Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). Blastocystis presence is also associated with altered composition and higher richness of the bacterial gut microbiota.

These results suggest that Blastocystis sp. may alter the gut ecosystem in a protective manner and promote faster recovery from disturbance.

Rufous McKinney

Blastocystis

reading a bit about this gut creature....most humans have it and its all over the world, altho there may be may strains which could complicate most of this. It was considered a problem,, now maybe helpful.

All that makes me a bit skeptical that this is in fact a fix, as what causes the issue in the first place? (missing Blastocystis...)