• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Paleness when overdoing it

Inara

Hello everybody,

ca. 1.5-2 years ago (this was ca. 2.5-3 years after the disease started), I started to get paleness when I overdid things. I never got pale in my life, even not during the flu or other bad infections. Today, it is a sure sign I did far too much and that I will get a worsening.

Does anybody know this, too? Does anybody know what may be the cause of it/the mechanism behind it?

Blue Jay

I suffer with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity - I'd say moderately - and go really white whenever coming into contact with someone wearing perfume or scented laundry products so I presume my body is reacting in the best way it can to deal with something it doesn't like. I'd forgotten about the perfume thing until last week when a visitor came in doused in aftershave. Most of the time I'm able to avoid it with not venturing out a lot.