• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain

I had a fall at the beginning of the week and hurt my wrist and ankle and 5 days later the pain is no better, I've noticed a few times now that something that would have previously not caused me much discomfort now causes me more and over a longer period of time, even a slight knock to my body causes pain that will ache for days . Does anyone else experience this?

Wishful

Yes, I strained an arm lifting something heavy overhead, and my arm still hurts. I gave it rest at first, then mild exercise, but it's still not healed after about 5 months. I thought it should heal faster than that.

ljimbo423

I had a fall at the beginning of the week and hurt my wrist and ankle and 5 days later the pain is no better, I've noticed a few times now that something that would have previously not caused me much discomfort now causes me more and over a longer period of time, even a slight knock to my body causes pain that will ache for days . Does anyone else experience this?

I experience this fairly often and it takes at least 3-4 days for them to heal. Even when they are very minor sprains or pulled muscles.

My body isn't healing nearly as fast as it should and my muscles get pulled or sprained much easier than they should.

The day to day pain is bad enough but when I fall or bump myself and cause extra pain, I feel even more frustrated with it all.

ljimbo423

The day to day pain is bad enough but when I fall or bump myself and cause extra pain, I feel even more frustrated with it all.

You sound like we could be twins.:lol: I felt like that just the other day. I had pulled some muscles in between my ribs and every time I would move they would hurt.

When I would get up to walk, I would get the general aches and pains of ME/CFS, plus the pain of my ribs! Very frustrating!:bang-head::mad:

ljimbo423

I wish I could understand why it has this effect

I don't understand it with any certainty either. My first guess is it's inflammation from the immune system interfering with my healing. Making my muscles weak and making it harder for them to heal.

The other thing I think might be involved is mitochondrial dysfunction.