• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain side and back

paul80

Since having covid about 3 weeks ago, all my symptoms have been worse, and i've started not being able to sleep on my sides as it's causing pain in my hip area. Anyone know what this symptom is called? i'm wondering if my doctor can do anything about it.

Sleeping on my back for several nights, that's started getting sore too and i really need sleep.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
When I started antibiotics for possible Lyme co-infections, the first week my hips hurt so badly that it was really hard to sleep. I found it helpful to put a pillow between my legs. It made my hips more ergonomically spaced and took some of the pressure off.

Not saying it would work for everyone but it was the only way I could sleep with the pain that week.

I think I also read on @NickMDal's thread that he uses very small pillows under his joints to sleep. He talks about it here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/long-sleep-therapy-for-healing.88000/

Hope you find something to help in your situation.

Wishful

Is that a sharp pain that just happens, or a gradual increase in pain from the length of time of pressure on that area? I was getting the latter, but it seems to have gone away on its own. I also get the former occasionally, from certain foods.

I fall asleep much more easily on my left side, so the pain/time problem was really annoying. So glad it went away. ... and hope that it doesn't return.

paul80

The latter. I tried a different bed last night and there was less pain, hopefully it goes away then. I'll try the pillow thing.

Thanks guys.

Wishful

I don't know if there's an actual correlation, but I noticed that the pain was gone after I'd spent a couple of days intentionally getting some sunlight, to create Vit D. Mosquito season had passed, so I could go shirtless. If the pain returns, as it gets too cold to go shirtless, I'll try supplemental Vit D.