• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain in hands and feet

Emmarose47

I've long had this but it used to be at start of flare and was more tingling electricity feeling .
This past flare ( which has been 2 mths ) it's been worse and pretty continuous and a sign that I need to pull back exertion. It feels like deep deep throbbing and heaviness with some pain like features ..
Anyone have experience / knowledge in this ? Docs ran bloods prev when I said I think I have peripheral neuropathy ( what is that exactly and is it dangerous ? But then was when it was pricking and tingling ..it now is different .
This time it ran along the flu like body aches .
This wk I feel more well and I am out the pain thank god .. I've been able to start my mini mini walk outside .

Booble

Oh boy, that feels a little like that crazy thing that happened to my hands after my dental appointment.
Tingling that turned into something I have a hard time putting into words.

By chance do you have POTS? Low blood pressure? Could you be low on blood volume and the blood is pulling away from your hands and feet?

Crux

Deficiency of the B vitamins, especially B12, can cause this. Choline included.
So can copper deficiency, and calcium deficiency cause paresthesia.

@Booble , did the dentist use nitrous oxide on you to numb pain ? Nitrous oxide inhibits methionine synthase formation causing neuropathy. B12 is involved with methionine synthase formation, and so is copper.

This is a paper about people who abused nitrous oxide and ended up with paresthesia from it.
I thought it was interesting but not about anyone here.

https://bmcneurol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12883-021-02496-y

Booble

I don't think the dentist gave me any nitrous oxide but I was given "the gas" as a child and had the worst experience. I won't go near that stuff.

I *think but am not sure it was the epinephrine with the anesthesia that they use to constrict the vessels to prevent/minimize bleeding. Probably not great for someone who has enough trouble getting blood to move around where it needs to be.

But I don't know. Someone here had mentioned a possible anaphylaxis reaction so I was really nervous going back a couple days ago to get the permanent crown. He didn't use anesthesia but had nerves in case of allergic reaction to the cement or other stuff they use. Luckily the reaction didn't repeat itself, but hella lot of PEM this morning (2 days later). Probably from the pre-visit anxiety. I've never been scared of dental visits but I was really scared this time in case it was anaphylactic.

Crux

@Booble ,

Yeah, a lot of us react to the epinephrine.
Getting dental work is more stressful than we realize until , later.