• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain between shoulder blades

godlovesatrier

Hi all,

Anyone ever experienced pain between their shoulderblades? Hard one to describe it just sort of is there a lot. Gets worse as the day wears on improves with exercise. Can't cureenrlt exercise but when I did last it got better.

Wondering if it could be symptkms of a particular virus. Never experienced it until I went on the Joshua Leisk protocol.

It did stop when I came off the protocol for 2 days. Although I felt like after that I didn't have as much energy as I did prior to it. Very strange.

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
Could it possibly be coat hanger pain?

1649438359936.png

godlovesatrier

Hey Rebecca. I have had this pain although not very often thankfully. I had it far worse when the inflamation in my neck and bases of my skull was bad. Thankfully that's all gone now on Josh's protocol. However this pain is further down right between or under the shoulderblade. I thought it was bad posture for a long time but I just seem to get it at odd times. Never heard of anyone talking about it before either.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Do you have any type of scoliosis?

My spine is in a twisted S shape and when I have pain along the actual spine it tends to happen most at the turning points where cervical becomes, thoracic, and thoracic becomes lumbar, etc.

Is it at a turning point that you are having the pain?

I also get the coathanger pain that @Rebeccare mentioned but this is something different...more in the actual spine or in the tissue right next to the spine.

Don't forget chiropractic helps a lot if you can find a decent chiropractor.

godlovesatrier

Hey Judee,

According to Perrin the spine isn't great but honestly I think that bares nothing on my ME. At any rate it's not s shaped and not really too badly curved.

Just sorr of comes on. I've tried exercises for it and it doesn't touch it. Feels like inflamation or something that's making it bad.

BrightCandle

However this pain is further down right between or under the shoulderblade. I thought it was bad posture for a long time but I just seem to get it at odd times. Never heard of anyone talking about it before either.

Precisely how I describe my shoulder pain, lower shoulderblade. I manage it with resistance bands and if I do some face pulls it does normally go away a bit but that leads to the issue of having done exercise which is often not a good idea at the time. It also comes along with a sensation of wanting to crack my spine between my shoulder blades which I can do if I pull both back together into the lower location. No idea what it is or what causes it and I had it before the HAPD v3.2 so its unrelated to the protocol, its just something that developed with time.

Reading_Steiner

I have a sort of tension or stiffness in the upper back area, not exactly pain but it can manifest as an ache I guess, didn't notice it before this year, also random pains in the fingers and sometimes my legs feel unsteady like they want to buckle all of a sudden.

Marylib

Hope you feel up to moving around more before long and can find a position or some strengthening or stretching movement that helps. Does it feel like inflammation of the nerves? Like something activated some inflammation of those nerves?

Dear members,
Since my pfizer booster shot three months ago, i have a sore left arm. It is very difficult to put on a coat, or lying on my arm in bed is to avoid. I did read, this is not umcommon for the first days/week after booster, but for this long time!!.

I had the same signs after the second vaccination, but in a much lesser degree.

Does some one recognise this patern/pain?

greetings
Europe

Last edited: