• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxymatrine & lead

Springbok1988

I received my order of oxymatrine white tiger today and it had a sticker on it warning that it contains lead. It came from Pine Street Clinic. I’m concerned about taking it now. Has anyone else seen this on their bottles?

Hip

I have not come across that before. I am not sure how much of a concern it is.

The White Tiger is a Sophora root extract, and the tablets are brown, looking like compressed plant root material.

You might try the Alternative Medicine Solutions oxymatrine (the capsules contain a white powder, which appears to be a pharmaceutical grade product).

Springbok1988

I would be less concerned if it had said the product MAY contain lead, as many prop 65 labels do. Instead, it said the product DOES contain lead.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm kinda of the opinion that anything grown in soil can have lead in it.

This website says, "...Plants do not take up lead on purpose, because lead is not a plant nutrient. Plants may contain measurable amounts of lead, but this isn’t because plants are actively taking up lead from soil, but because we’re able to measure very low concentrations of lead in environmental samples."

If you want peace of mind about it you could ask the manufacturer if they has a 3rd party assay they can send you. It would show you the level of lead that was found.

That website talked more about levels and absorption if you are interested.