• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Otoba Bark Experiences Anyone?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Does anyone have experience with using Otoba Bark Root?

I'm using the powdered capsulated form from Rainforest Pharmacy and unfortunately cannot find that much feedback online about it anywhere.

I've only been able to find a couple of reviews on the powdered form.

Amazon has a tincture with some reviews but I cannot use the tincture because of yeast alcohol allergies.

I only started using this two days ago after having watched a Dr Marty Ross video about a month back. He says using the tincture with cat's claw tincture gives slightly better results for Lyme biofilms than Tinidazole.

That's actually why I ordered it so I could swap it out for the Tinidazole abx.

So I've been a little more achy since I started it and also more tired especially in my legs. This seems to be somewhat similar to my initial illness onset back at age 10 when one of my strongest symptoms was leg pains. Although these leg pains are different. When I started all this I used Tinidazole and my reactions to that were pretty exact to the original experience. That seemed to let me know that the Tini was working.

Anyway, using the search term "otoba" I've only been able to find one other post from 2011? (I think) on PR and read through that as well as the links provided when they worked but I really need someone who has actually used this to tell me their personal experience with it.

I also did a search in my FB group and only found one reference there as well although people do mention it often especially lately.

The other thing I read today about it was a research paper on it and Cat's Claw's affect on CYP3A4 and other similar genes.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has tried it and can give me some idea of reactions and if they had a good outcome with it.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I thought to post this question in my FB group as well. (Probably should have thought of doing that first. :rolleyes:)

Haven't got too many response there yet but one person did say it is very strong and they are only able to take 1 drop of the tincture a day so far.