• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Other organizations

usedtobeperkytina

Ok, I haven't seen this point. And maybe I am missing a discussion on this elsewhere.

But, these viruses cause leukemia and cancer in mice. Has anyone contacted the leukemia organizations? Would they be interested? Are they talking about this on message boards? Seems pretty obvious to me. If it causes leukemia in mice, and now it is in humans.....

I know this is why NCI was interested to begin with. So, might some other cancer patient organizations be interested in funding their own research.

Anyone called them?

Tina

May have to reach the patients first. And their families. As long as word is out there on FB and forums. Then the organizations would take note. I'm not sure they would notice or care first, unless there were thousands who were discussing it and wanting more done.

Andrew

Here's what I don't understand. From what I read these retroviruses are not found in mice. They are only similar to a mouse retrovirus. I also read that the mouse version no longer infects mice, because mice no longer have the receptor for these. But then I also read about MLV causing cancer. Or maybe it's XMRV that can't infect mice? I'm confused.

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Join the club on being confused Andrew, my heads been spinning since monday! MLV 1, 2, 3 and 4, are you kidding me! I just started getting used to xmrv for gods sake!!!