• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ostoarthritis

Hello, my CFS is the milder types, that I am still working 4 days a week but not much activity on my non working days as recovering.
I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my shoulder a few years and wondered if because of needing to be in bed allot is that is causing another area (my hip) to rapidly become affected with osteoarthritis? Also has anyone had anyluck with a support for hip as wondered if this was option or even strong spanx? As getting sudden pains, I find when pressing on my hip when walking, actually helps to reduce the intensity of pain

HRManager

"Deal with it"
I have been having a lot of shoulder issues. I thought I tore my rotator cuff in a fall, but dr said I have too much strength for that. I got a cortisone shot in the shoulder and it did help a lot. That was about a year ago. I am now having the same pain in both shoulders *sigh* so back I will go for more cortisone shots..

I do have osteoarthritis in my knees (one is pretty much bone on bone) but I think a lot of that is due to the sports I played in high school and afterwards.

I'm sorry I cannot help you with the hip issue. Maybe you could try some kinesiology tape on it? I did use that on my shoulder for some relief.