• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One of the best video ever on CFS by Rachael Hall

Boule de feu

OOPS! The title shoud read:
One of the best videoS...

Sorry if someone has already started a thread on this. Let me know if it is the case.

WOW ! Bravo !

I was surprised to see there was a new video on You Tube (released date: September 14)
by Rachael Hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbG9ruHeyo

Very well done. It gives an idea of what CFSers are going through.
I can see myself sending this to friends and family...

alex3619

Hi

This video told it like it is; I am sure most with CFS could relate to these patients. It also wasn't a brain drain: I think most with CFS would find it both interesting and enjoyable without draining them. It definitely shows that someone with the illness made it. I think there was an attempt to touch all the major points of the patient experience, which I think it did very well; about the only thing missing was the generally bad response of doctors, but I don't think that was the point of the video so it wasn't a problem.

I don't know how healthy people will react to it however, I no longer relate to "normal" perspectives. I suspect that it would be a good video to show to family members who don't yet "get" what the CFS patient is going through. A collection of videos like this one, perhaps coving different topics, would be a good part of an infopack for patients with CFS.

Bye
Alex

LJS

Luke
I though it was a good video, I really like how it was not over sensationalized with cheap scare tactics that many CFS videos on youtube have. It feels impossible to explain this illness to people but this video has a good overview. I think it would help to have more interviews with medical professionals explaining the symptoms and what it does to patients, that makes a strong impact in changing the view of this disease to many.

Rrrr

great job!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope the documentary maker will submit it to her local tv station.

pamb

Thanks! Great job indeed.

As soon as he is able to watch it I'm going to share this with my husband (the cfs'er) as I think it will really help him not feel so alone. He can't cope with computers so does not read the board, other than what I print out for him sometimes, so just has my word for it that he is not alone. This is so much more powerful.

merci beaucoup,
Pam and John
p.s. as an animal lover I found it interesting that so many patients were in bed with their dog or cat. When there is family around to care for a critter it sure does seem they have a special empathy. We have two cats and on John's worst days they are always very solicitous towards him and just quietly cuddle. As the caregiver it sure takes some weight off my shoulders.

Boule de feu

Thank you everyone for your comments. My husband (who does not have CFS) saw it last night and said (translation) "it does look a lot like you". However, he has not learned anything new. I did send it to two friends and I'll see what they will say about it. I also asked them to send it to their friends.

Alex,
I liked it too because it was "quick" and non-painful. Sometimes, videos are way too long and most will stop watching after a while.

August,
Dr. Black looks like someone I would go to to get help. Very "approachable. She used "simple" explanations which were a no-brainer (like Alex said).

LJS,
We mostly had the patients' side, here. Not, the doctors'. But, this is why I liked it so much. I can relate to the part where one of the patients says that she wakes up in the middle of the night, feeling sick to her stomach. I am housebound because of this. Always so sick. I'm sure this is why my husband saw me in this video. I also liked the part where she explains that we don't look sick to others but close relatives can understand what we are going through. How many times did I get the usual "But you look so well! You don't look sick at all" comment! (my dentist was the last one to make a comment like that). Maybe I should send him this video! (lol)

Rrrr,
She should submit it. It would make good publicity for us.

Pamela,
I am so sorry to hear that your husband is so sick. I hope you are taking very good care of yourself and you are not doing too much. My husband went through a rough time, too. At some point, we thought he had CFS since he was so tired. I believe he was just doing too much for me. Do take care and don't overdo it.

Maybe your husband could only listen to the audio part?