• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One meaning of Christmas

Andrew

In 1914 during World War I the opposing armies put down their weapons and joined each other to celebrate Christmas. This happened in several places along the front lines, and in at least one case the soldiers refused to go back to war and had to be replaced. If you want to read more about this, you can find partial information on the snopes site and elsewhere on the web.

The solders who first walked across the "no man's land" between the trenches and extending their hands to the enemy were risking their lives. But the result was there was peace. And the peace didn't end because arguing broke out between soldiers. In some cases the soldiers had to be replaced, and in others they only resumed fighting after persistent orders from officers.

Andrew

Today I was afraid to even look in the forums. The stress of the bickering is just too much. I also don't want to hide out in the community forums. I'm going to take off for awhile and maybe check back in a few weeks.

I've met many people here I would be proud to call "friend." I just wish things had worked out better.

Jody

Andrew,

I can understand you deciding to take a break for awhile.

Things may feel very different when you peek back in. For the better, I mean.:)

Forums, like people, go through growing pains sometimes. And this place has been growing at a phenomenal pace, through some big, surprising events just in the last few months.

Mike Dessin's story, and everything connected with XMRV, just to name a few biggies, have had an impact on the people here. And that has impacted the whole forums.

The number of members has sky-rocketed. Think about it, when I first showed up in June, there was really only Cort posting. And that doubled :D to two of us posting. Stayed like that awhile.

The place is unrecognizable, in just 6 months.

I think we will get our balance back.

Oh, and ... I would be very proud to call you "friend". And if you do decide to head off for awhile and then pop back in later, I'll be very glad to see you. :)

starryeyes

I think it's normal for people to get more upset and agitated during the holidays. We all have a lot more stress to deal with too because of being chronically ill. Expectations and disappointments and bad relations all lead to more angst and anger and frustration.

I hope for peace in everyone's hearts.

z149942796.jpg

tee

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Andrew

Hey Andrew - do what you need to do. I know I'll miss you very much, and I hope you feel like coming back when you're ready.

If I don't see you before then, have a very Merry Christmas! Take care of yourself, brother.

Love,
Finch

leelaplay

How lovely Andrew. Glad you're still here! Glad that worked.

Synchronicity in action - I was just about to PM you to see if something like that might work - would hate to lose you for any period of time (but of course would understand, support your decision and await your return if that's what you thought was best for you).

islandfinn:)

Jody

Andrew,

Good to hear from you.

Just feel free to come and go as you please. That's what we're here for. :)