• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One diagnose to rule them all...

linusbert

i've discovered something disgusting!
they've invented a diagnose to push just everyone into one basket of crazy. there is no symptome you could have which doesnt fit, you can go blind, depth, neuropathy... every cfs symptom, whatever. it catches it all.

actually its not new, its flying around since some time under different names.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder

Conversion disorder can present with motor or sensory symptoms including any of the following:

Motor symptoms or deficits:

• Impaired coordination or balance
  • Weakness/paralysis of a limb or the entire body (hysterical paralysis or motor conversion disorders)
  • Impairment or loss of speech (hysterical aphonia)
  • Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia) or a sensation of a lump in the throat
  • Urinary retention
  • Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures or convulsions
  • Persistent dystonia
  • Tremor, myoclonus or other movement disorders
  • Gait problems (astasia-abasia)
  • Loss of consciousness (fainting)
Sensory symptoms or deficits:

• Impaired vision (hysterical blindness), double vision
  • Impaired hearing (deafness)
  • Loss or disturbance of touch or pain sensation

Conversion symptoms typically do not conform to known anatomical pathways and physiological mechanisms. It has sometimes been stated that the presenting symptoms tend to reflect the patient's own understanding of anatomy and that the less medical knowledge a person has, the more implausible are the presenting symptoms.[3] However, no systematic studies have yet been performed to substantiate this statement.[citation needed]

also studies arent required. they just pull these theories out of their butts.

and i have met doctors who actually believe this crap. they bring urban legends as proof of this kind of thing happening. somebody heard of the urban legend of the guy who froze to death in a cool wagon which was turned off and at room temperature? some doctor really told me this as argument!

one question which none of those crazy docs can answer is, if people can freeze to death by believing, why do suicidal folks choose a painful way of going instead of just imagining them dead?...

medicine is over. they've completely lost it. "evidence based" just means "whatever we come up with in our hubris or wanna believe on a boring sunday afternoon".

Last edited:

cheeseater

Curious that that most of the symptoms also coincide with side effects from the biggest money making drugs in the history of pharmaceutical drugs. Anti-depressents/ "new" psych drugs. Now, each drug uses slightly different terminology when listing side effects, but most of those are indeed there. Not deafness or blindness, but all the others... They also do not mention that suicidal tendencies become homocidal tendencies quite often, when treated with the wunder drugs.

GI problems are another that have long been relegated to the loony bin. Complain enough about GI problems and they will assume there is nothing wrong with your GI tract, and it all in your crazy head. Took 25 years of complaining of terrible GI problems before my horrid managed care too me seriously, and yep, the crazy complaining patient sure as heck had something real to be complaining about all those years, and yep the doctors had their heads where the sun don't shine, sure enough. Beyond stupid.

Many doctors still believe migraines are psych or a womens hysteria thing. These doctors these days are the inmates running the asylum.
i've discovered something disgusting!
they've invented a diagnose to push just everyone into one basket of crazy. there is no symptome you could have which doesnt fit, you can go blind, depth, neuropathy... every cfs symptom, whatever. it catches it all.

actually its not new, its flying around since some time under different names.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder

also studies arent required. they just pull these theories out of their butts.

and i have met doctors who actually believe this crap. they bring urban legends as proof of this kind of thing happening. somebody heard of the urban legend of the guy who froze to death in a cool wagon which was turned off and at room temperature? some doctor really told me this as argument!

one question which none of those crazy docs can answer is, if people can freeze to death by believing, why do suicidal folks choose a painful way of going instead of just imagining them dead?...

medicine is over. they've completely lost it. "evidence based" just means "whatever we come up with in our hubris or wanna believe on a boring sunday afternoon".

linusbert

I problems are another that have long been relegated to the loony bin. Complain enough about GI problems and they will assume there is nothing wrong with your GI tract, and it all in your crazy head. Took 25 years of complaining of terrible GI problems before my horrid managed care too me seriously, and yep, the crazy complaining patient sure as heck had something real to be complaining about all those years, and yep the doctors had their heads where the sun don't shine, sure enough. Beyond stupid.

same. i also got worse GI when my symptoms crashed. doctors wanted to put the crazy on me. wanting to give me the crazy pills and insisting so much that the psychiatric disease is no psychiatric disease.
gladly my girl who was neuro psychologist on the univeristy hospital at that time was accompaning me. and boy did she turn those doctors around when told that crap diagnoses about not being psychiatric. the doctor was a like a little boy afterwards. especially because she was qualified to make these kind of diagnosis and he was not. many of her patients came in with some weird psychiatric stuff which in the end often she proved to be a real non psychiatric issue. once her colleagues a glorified bunch of narcisstic doctors insisted a kid patient was stupid and intellectually impaired. she ran extensive tests and found the opposite to be the case. one kid saved from special school for disabled to have a normal life.
we did run some tests for gi problems. i was fructose intolerant... symptoms improved a lot after respecting a fi diet and some food allergies. actually to make those psycho diagnosis doctors are required to check and dismiss FI and similiar issues. but doctors nowadays just dismiss without the check, saves time.
the leader of the nutritional medicine unit of our university hospital she did say it outright, "if we would check every patient with GI symptoms we would have to check half of germany". when i actually was send to her unit to rule those out. its unbelievable.
also when half of germany has those symptoms... maybe something else is fundamentally going wrong... maybe the industrialized food is just garbage?!

Last edited:

cheeseater

I discovered my corn product intolerance entirely on my own, after the GI MD's had given up and never once did they mention food intolerance. Corn is in nearly everything that comes in a package in the US since the late 1960's. The food supply is contaminated. Main dramatic symptom of Corn intolerance is GI. The favorite additive is high fructose corn syrup to make things sweet.

I figured it out when I was 20, around 1984. I say that if corn products were entirely removed from the food supply, that most of the GI doctors would be out of work. Corn intolerance may be related to fructose intolerance. Tricky part about determining corn intolerance is that the symptoms may take 48 hours after ingestion to show up. May take 20 minutes to 2 days, so you end up thinking whatever you happened to have eaten last before the symptoms appear --are the cause,

linusbert

I discovered my corn product intolerance entirely on my own, after the GI MD's had given up and never once did they mention food intolerance. Corn is in nearly everything that comes in a package in the US since the late 1960's. The food supply is contaminated. Main dramatic symptom of Corn intolerance is GI. The favorite additive is high fructose corn syrup to make things sweet.

I figured it out when I was 20, around 1984. I say that if corn products were entirely removed from the food supply, that most of the GI doctors would be out of work. Corn intolerance may be related to fructose intolerance. Tricky part about determining corn intolerance is that the symptoms may take 48 hours after ingestion to show up. May take 20 minutes to 2 days, so you end up thinking whatever you happened to have eaten last before the symptoms appear --are the cause,

i do not think its corn. well in your case it might be, but i mean, i do not think that corn itself is the culprit for whole population.
we have been eating corn for centuries or even millenia. its only within the last 50-80 years when the people become sick from it.
i think its GMO and the poison the use to spray on the crop. even without GMO they breed new high performance corn which is bad.
and of course the HFCS is the worst on itself. the production of it and fructose in itself.
they did mice studies with a glucose and hcfs diet. normal glucose or even normal sugar is much healthier than hcfs. its directly inflamatory. its just bad in every aspect.

i head of people with corn and wheat intolerance, coming to europe , eating our corn/wheat and somehow did tolerate it!

cheeseater

Actually, corn has been considered only fit for livestock consumption by humans until recently. Some exceptions would be the Aztecs and maybe a few other spots on the globe. The mystery of what happened to the Aztecs...

Rather than pesticides, I would suspect naturally occuring aflatoxins that grow on the corn plants and fruit before and after harvest. Governments closely regulate the amount of corn aflatoxin allowed in the food chain, but who is to say some people are not more sensitive than others?

I have never got an answer from any MD's about if or if not the corn intolerance could be fructose intolerance. I can eat honey all day with no side effect.

Various researchers have concluded that corn intolerance is actually the most common food intolerance, ahead of lactose intolerance and far ahead of gluten sensitivity. I can eat any grain, except corn. I am not diabetic.

linusbert

Actually, corn has been considered only fit for livestock consumption by humans until recently. Some exceptions would be the Aztecs and maybe a few other spots on the globe. The mystery of what happened to the Aztecs...

Rather than pesticides, I would suspect naturally occuring aflatoxins that grow on the corn plants and fruit before and after harvest. Governments closely regulate the amount of corn aflatoxin allowed in the food chain, but who is to say some people are not more sensitive than others?

I have never got an answer from any MD's about if or if not the corn intolerance could be fructose intolerance. I can eat honey all day with no side effect.

Various researchers have concluded that corn intolerance is actually the most common food intolerance, ahead of lactose intolerance and far ahead of gluten sensitivity. I can eat any grain, except corn. I am not diabetic.

when you say corn you mean this plant, maize? i am not sure on german translation for corn.
1679001949909.png

so you can eat wheat?

aztecs did sink with atlantis.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Actually, corn has been considered only fit for livestock consumption by humans until recently.

The Bible has many references to people eating corn.

I discovered my corn product intolerance entirely on my own,

But does avoiding it make the ME go away? Most of us do food avoidance but it hasn't cured the ME unfortunately. Doing so just keeps other things like sinus infections and headaches in check more.

i do not think its corn.
i think its GMO and the poison the use
and of course the HFCS

I agree with this. I have a corn allergy but find I only really react when I eat gmo corn so I avoid that as much as I can.

Last edited:

linusbert

Corn is maize. I can eat any grain except maize/corn.
can you eat the maize cob , directly raw? i used to do that when i was a kid, we picked up a cob when walking by a maize field. always liked it. never had a problem with that.
but GMO wasnt a thing in germany, and i think still isnt.

the USA really has the worst food in the world. they destroy everything and now they export their bad practices to the world , poisoning everyone. its so sad.

linusbert

Corn is my kryptonite. Everybody is different. When I eliminated what was bothering me, I felt much better.
View attachment 50861
oh nice, a penicillin enriched maize cob.

i believe you and i do not doubt your symptoms and corn intolerance at all.
i am just curious what might introduce it. if its maize in general. if its after some way during the processing.
thats why i am asking specifically.

cheeseater

That is not pennicillan, it is the deadly aflatoxin/micotoxin I have been discussing. I believe that is why so many people are intolerant to corn products. It creates the sensitivity. Corn farmers know all about it, because it will kill you dead as a doornail if you breathe in a good wiff of it.

But, I am not discounting your thoughts about it being pesticides or herbicides. It could also be the (roundup ready) varieties they have engineered. So it could be the roundup (glyphosate) they spray or the mutant varieties they have developed. They are working on new varieties to eliminate the deadly mold toxins by introducing certain animal genes into the plant.

linusbert

But, I am not discounting your thoughts about it being pesticides or herbicides. It could also be the (roundup ready) varieties they have engineered
i made a joke.

They are working on new varieties to eliminate the deadly mold toxins by introducing certain animal genes into the plant.
so we are not sensitive to mold anymore but to those animal gene endproducts.

they just should throw out the bad cobs. we live in AI world. shouldnt be too hard.