• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Of the XMRV + members and guest - What other viruses, bacteria also tested +

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
This may have been asked in some way. I'm certainly not asking for names or anything. However I am very curious as to anyone that has tested positive to XMRV if you also tested positive for other common viruses (EBV, HHV-6) or bacterium's (I'm drawing a blank here).

I'm asking mainly for my self as if there happens to be a very large percentage of XMRV positives that also test positive for EBV or HHV-6 (such as myself).

So far from some quick reading that seems to be the case. That the XMRV + are also + for other viruses. Thanks and I hope I haven't double posted.

SunnyGal

Not sure why no one has replied to this thread yet, but I'll post a reply.

XMRV + and also high titers for EBV and HHV-6. Via ART testing I've also got CMV and Borna virus. Actually, I have all the viruses that my ART doc tests for, including tick encephalopathy. As for bacteria, regular testing shows I have mycoplasma as well as Lyme, and ART testing also picks up Cpn. I'm sure I've forgotten something but that's all I can remember at the moment.

Wasn't there something that said that XMRV actually activates other viruses?

Sunny

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I think your right about XMRV and other viruses, but with the way things have been discovered and diagnosed it makes me wonder what was there first. Was it XMRV all the time just sitting there in the background making all of these other viruses and bacterias invade or did the presence of the other viruses open the door for XMRV to come in.
I think it wil be awhile before we know the amswered to this one.

Thanks for the reply!!

dannybex

There's other triggers or factors to consider as well: Environmental toxins/exposures (heavy metals from vaccines, mercury in dental fillings, pesticides, etc.), prolonged, extreme stress or traumas (high cortisol triggers XMRV), vitamin deficiencies (esp vitamin d), food intolerances (which can create intestinal permeability which the immune system reacts to), etc.

just my two cents. :)