• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Occupy CFS: My Feedback to IoM

Chris

Broderick is a brilliant analyst of complex systems, but works very closely with Klimas, and I would guess they would not want two so closely allied? Chris

Chris

I don't believe for a moment that the IOM would or even could appoint a researcher from the UK, but Julia Newton could be so good --she and her team are really getting somwhere with the basic nature of fatigue and PEM and the key role of the ANS, and she has collaborated with Jason on definition...I am definitely a fan. I tried to make the case, but.... things are not so bad, but we have to dream a bit--so now we wait and see.... Chris.

Chris

I think we should all say a very big "Thank YOU!" to Jennie for having organized, nursed along, and finally produced a reasoned response to the contract nominations--I had thought in general terms of doing something, but it was Jennie who issued an invitation to collaborate, who found and distributed information, and then produced a reply that has stimulated others to join in the fight. Thank you for all Jennie! Chris

Nielk

I think we should all say a very big "Thank YOU!" to Jennie for having organized, nursed along, and finally produced a reasoned response to the contract nominations--I had thought in general terms of doing something, but it was Jennie who issued an invitation to collaborate, who found and distributed information, and then produced a reply that has stimulated others to join in the fight. Thank you for all Jennie! Chris

Thank you, @jspotila

jspotila

Just seeing this in the post-holiday haze. Thank you @Chris and @Nielk! I took all volunteers to the effort, even those I did not know, and was incredibly pleased with how the group worked together. We did an incredible amount of work in a very short time, working from different time zones and severity of illness. It's amazing to see other people using that work in their own letters to IOM and to build on what we did. Terrific effort by all involved!