• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OAT Interpretation

Hey all

I'm hoping someone can give me an idea where to start in the mean time.

I was taking a low dose multivitamin/mineral (up to 300% non activated b vitamins and 100% minerals besides calcium, magnesium and potassium) for 3 weeks leading up to the test, which I stopped just 2 days before.

A lot of the results, especially some in the nutritional section are listed BDL (below detectable limits)which has me concerned and nor sure how to interpret them. Are they just that low?

It says pyridoxic acid is BDL but things that should be elevated by b6 deficiency are either fine or even BDL themselves. I'm not sure whether to say I'm b6 deficient or I just didn't get any/enough in the last 2 days prior to taking the sample? As I know urinary pyridoxic is a sign of recent intake, not tissue saturation levels.

Would very much appreciate it. Thank you

Edit: Going through this again and I notice a lot of BDLs especially amino acid wise. What is going on??

Attachments

• Upload OAT.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

LINE

Best guess is they are that low. I notice the Citric Acid is very low, if I am not mistaken, this is the measurement of energy output which means you are quite fatigued.

The bottom of the report reads:

"NUTRITIONAL MARKER COMMENTS
Low or BDL 4-pyrodoxic acid, ascorbic acid, pantothenic, N-acetylcystine may be suggestive of a
deficiency/insufficiency in these micronutrient

Elevated glutaric acid, methylcitric acid, 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaric acid, 3-hydroxypropionic
acid, mevalonic acid, xanthurenic acid are suggestive of corresponding micronutrient marker
deficiency/insufficiency. A low level is insignificant."

Best guess is they are that low. I notice the Citric Acid is very low, if I am not mistaken, this is the measurement of energy output which means you are quite fatigued.

The bottom of the report reads:

"NUTRITIONAL MARKER COMMENTS
Low or BDL 4-pyrodoxic acid, ascorbic acid, pantothenic, N-acetylcystine may be suggestive of a
deficiency/insufficiency in these micronutrient

Elevated glutaric acid, methylcitric acid, 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaric acid, 3-hydroxypropionic
acid, mevalonic acid, xanthurenic acid are suggestive of corresponding micronutrient marker
deficiency/insufficiency. A low level is insignificant."

Much appreciated for the reply. Yeah I noticed that as well. Very fatigued lately. Any clue as to why its so low?

Yeah, I caught the comments at the bottom but they don't make much sense. It claims pyridoxic acid is low but every other marker thats suppose to implicate b6 being deficient, are BDL themselves, when they're suppose to be elevated (Xanthurenic acid, Quinurenic acid / Kynurenic acid) so its really confusing.