• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Novavax

Booble

Anyone who is not yet vaccinated looking into Novavax?

I desperately want to get vaccinated but also very worried about a platelet response given the amount of petechiae that I had post virus Dec 2019/Jan 2020. The hospital where I live is limited and I don't know if they have the proper treatment on hand.

Soo.....I'm excited about Novavax and another opportunity. Although I'm not sure we will get it in my area. The way it is made is very different from the others. They grow the virus in moths (so to speak) and take the little spike proteins and an adjuvant for greater immune response. Efficacy high and I'm working on reviewing the safety info.

junkcrap50

Yes. Before any of the vaccines officially came out, I was most interested in Novavax as it seemed to me to be the "safest," most well understood, and had the fewest unknowns. I'm still quite interested in Novavax. However, new research shows that the spike protein itself is pathogenic and harmful, and in retrospect was a very poor antigen target. But I think I read Novavax used only a fragment of the spike protein. So, that should warrant more research and info to come out.

Booble

Yes, like a nano particle of the spike protein to create the right immune response.

nerd

The produced spike protein crystals are pre-fused, so they can't fuse with ACE2 anymore. The only complication that is still possible is anaphylaxis. This affects all vaccines that use adjuvants. Overall, it should be a safer vaccine than mRNA-nanolipid and Adenovirus-based ones.

frozenborderline

I'm looking into it.

I don't even know if it's safe to go to ophthalmologist or other appointments until I get novovax and evusheld. I've been waiting for novavax approval in usa. It's approved almost everywhere BUT here. And I can only get other immune treatments for covid like evusheld after I've been vaccinated due to rationing. Ugh. But I need to fix this eye problem so bad I'd risk something to

Novavax is only vaccine I'd trust. Why isn't it approved yet ?

vision blue

Have been thinking about it. But i am wary of an adjunctivant. I think
That may make my immune system go too crazy goven both my MCAS and autoimmune disorders. My inmube system already overr- reacts even without somethibg designed to irritate the hell out of it. . I think the mRNA vaxes dont have an adjunctivant- or am i wrong?
If i cave and get vax, im going to try for the childs size version of Pfizer if can fget anyone to give me that .
Ive thought bout both evuahield and provoloid also and both likely poir choices for me. For the latter, one of the pilks has sorbitqn monolaurite which i wont do well with
I too an desperate to see an eye doc as i fear blindness and ive not gotten bloid work in 2.5 years.
I feel like im on borrowed time ive had to have workmen come in and its only a matter of time til i get it and will cease to be able to care for myself if i even live thru it.
Hoping people post any novavax or evushield or poxoloid experiences

Gingergrrl

I think the mRNA vaxes dont have an adjunctivant- or am i wrong?

You are correct that Pfizer & Moderna do not have adjuvants but Novavax does (unless something has changed since I did my original research of the ingredients). For someone like me w/autoimmunity, the vaccines w/the adjuvants would be even worse b/c the adjuvants are added to create an even stronger immune reaction.