• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nothing's Changed .... The pain gap: Women (still) aren't taken seriously by doctors — and it's killing us

YippeeKi YOW !!

I posted an entire thread with links to about 5 or 6 articles along these same lines about 2 years ago, I think. It’s sad that nothing’s changed, but it isn’t exactly news to any of the women on these threads.

Soooooo …. heres another one, dated, lemme see …. yeah, TODAY:

The pain gap: Women (still) aren't taken seriously by doctors — and it's killing us
https://www.rawstory.com/w-2656645132/?utm_source=push_notifications

I expect that the usual suspects will come out and deny this, saying there’s no hard data on this, no research, no studies, and in essence, it’s all in our heads.

Hmmmmmmm ….. where have we heard that before ….

PS …. For those who haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend Jerome Groopman’s How Doctors Think …. it’s revelatory ….