• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NOTE FROM DR. DONNICA- DR. OZ show taping

MEKoan

I am sure Dr Donnica did a great job! I'm sure Dr. M did a great job! I'm sure the smart CFS patient did a great job!

Thank you all!

Forebearance

Dr. Oz show

Thank you SO much, Dr. Donnica! I am really encouraged that this is going to happen.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's show lately and it is fun, but it seems to be aimed at people with ADHD. lol The segments are so short and it jumps around from topic to topic so much it makes me dizzy. But I am really grateful that they are giving XMRV such good publicity. It is a good Thanksgiving!

Forebearance

Michael Dessin

Not really

I'm sorry if I offend anyone by taking a different angle on this, but I feel differently.

If Dr Donnica simply got on there and relayed the CDC's definition of CFS, which is incorrect, as she did on GMA, it does us 0 justice, and it's not good for any of us.

Secondly, this is not the the WPI show and all of the guests on there are connected to WPI in some manner now, making it soley reflective of WPI's views.

It does not matter if they get on there and discuss XMRV if the entire nation thinks this disease is about fatigue, sore throats and achy limbs as she described it on GMA. The country as a whole will not find the information of importance.

Now if they describe ME/CFS as being as debilitating and DEADLY as it is, than folks will listen up about ME/CFS and XMRV.

I have a feeling how this show is gonna go down, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sincerely

Mike