• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Normal hours?

judyinthesky

Every 30 days I have moments of absolute clarity, more energy, less brain storm, and it is like my former self almost, apart from the fatigue.
Does anyone know that and what is your theory for it?

I think about it as a process when some neurotransmitters are constantly triggered but then they are fine for a little while. Then back to the usual craziness and constant fight or flight.

Theories?

PisForPerseverance

Every 30 days puts it on the same place of a woman's cycle. Theoretically unless there's irregularity of hormones. Where are you in your life cycle? (Pre menopause, Peri, etc...)
Parasites can also go on a life or activity cycle. Any other features of the time of the 30 days? Is it just one day exactly every 30 days?

lenora

Hello @judyinthesky.....I would like to know what your sleep habits are? Do they fluctuate? If so, that may have something to do with your experience of clarity, etc.

Personally, I've often found that I have a much better day if I haven't slept the day before. Others have said the same.

After many, many years I've given up trying to find the cause and basically just live with it. I try not to think that I didn't have any sleep the night before and somehow make it through the day, often in better shape than if I had slept. Other times, I'll have a 2 hr. nap in the afternoon, and will then be fine again. I'll be interested in any replies that you may receive. Yours, Lenora.

xebex

I have had random days of remission but not following any pattern. I do generally feel better around ovulation and worse on my period. I would track the days you feel better and take a look at a menstrual hormone chart to see if you’re having peaks or drops in certain hormones at the time of feeling better.

lenora

Good Morning....I've long been in the menopausal years, but I think in some of our cases hormones can follow us well into our 70's. That's what occurred with me.

Even before menopause, long before, I had sleep difficulties. I'm not alone, many of us do. I wouldn't get any rest without earplugs and just try to have an "it doesn't matter" attitude towards my sleepless nights. I've tried everything and it's all been a failure. I now take nothing (most of the time) to small amounts of antihistamines as I do have severe allergies anyway. The only way that I can fall asleep is by reading....and let me assure you that some authors could put anyone to sleep. Get your zzzzz's if you can. Yours, Lenora.

Last edited by a moderator:

godlovesatrier

Do you keep a symptom diary? Some of us started this after a few years - in my case I couldn't remember a damn thing and I forget almost everything I've done so I have to check it.

But ti might show you trends in not only symptoms but levels of activity and you might find some interesting results. I know I have loads of times, it's taught me a lot actually about my own bodies reactions to things.

Wishful

My ME used to get dramatically worse 21 days after my last dose of T2 (thyroid hormone). I'd be okay, then feel much worse, check my journal, and find that it was 21 days (very consistent) since my last dose. Thus it is quite possible for ME to have a mechanism with a fairly long time frame. Maybe you have something that keeps you feeling lousy for 30 days, and then 'runs out' allowing you temporary remission, and the resulting changes in neurological function, blood flow or whatever from thinking clearly again causes a retriggering of the ME mechanism.

Details of what the mechanism is? No idea. :(

For me I know the weather makes a significant impact on how I feel in addition to the usual sensitivities.

If there is a change to rainy, wet, or windy conditions I will feel quite worse as the weather changes, and then throughout until it becomes sunny/clear again. Once the weather has stabilized to good conditions there is a gradual improvement that takes 3 days or so before I reach a mildly improved state (not normal, just improved).

Overall I find sensitivity to most any change to my body works the same. EG I sleep poorly the night before, take some specific medications, become stressed or overwork myself, eat too much salt/sugar or overeat, or if I unintentionally oversleep one day.

Bottom line is any negative change including poor weather carries an outsized and several day affect. , So, I only have a good day when none of these have occurred for a few days in a row. That comes out to be not more than a few days a month.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Every 30 days puts it on the same place of a woman's cycle.
Actually, the 'normal' menstrual cycle is from 26 to 28 days. Curiously, it follows the cycle of the moon, which is also approximately 28 days .... 30 days pushes the cycle into the longer-than-average category ....

The cycle can still be normal at 21 to 40 days, it all depends, like everything else, on the particular person ....

Booble

For me I know the weather makes a significant impact on how I feel in addition to the usual sensitivities.

If there is a change to rainy, wet, or windy conditions I will feel quite worse as the weather changes, and then throughout until it becomes sunny/clear again. Once the weather has stabilized to good conditions there is a gradual improvement that takes 3 days or so before I reach a mildly improved state (not normal, just improved).

Overall I find sensitivity to most any change to my body works the same. EG I sleep poorly the night before, take some specific medications, become stressed or overwork myself, eat too much salt/sugar or overeat, or if I unintentionally oversleep one day.

Bottom line is any negative change including poor weather carries an outsized and several day affect. , So, I only have a good day when none of these have occurred for a few days in a row. That comes out to be not more than a few days a month.

Yes, this.
Same same.