• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Normal blood pressure, can feel heartbeat all over body

Strawberry

Following as I can feel my heartbeat all over too. Feet, body, head,and everything in between. Mentioned it to a doctor once, and he just said “that’s impossible.” So, in my former doctors point of view, we are impossible. ;)

Booble

I'm pretty sure it's from extra adrenaline or cortisol or something that is floating around.
The more you focus on it the more you get and you create an endless cycle.

Once I learned that it wouldn't kill me and it's not dangerous and I just let it be, it got less and less and/or I don't notice it unless I think about it. Kind of like tinnitus (ringing in the ears).

gregh286

I'm pretty sure it's from extra adrenaline or cortisol or something that is floating around.
The more you focus on it the more you get and you create an endless cycle.

Once I learned that it wouldn't kill me and it's not dangerous and I just let it be, it got less and less and/or I don't notice it unless I think about it. Kind of like tinnitus (ringing in the ears).

Adrenaline surge causes spike in BP. This is not the same "feelung"

Booble

Adrenaline surge causes spike in BP. This is not the same "feelung"

I experience the opposite. It FEELS like BP is high when you get those spikes but when you take it it's not.

I think that feeling of high BP when it's not high BP is related to the adrenaline/cortisol and how we tighten our body. All our little muscles that we don't realize in our neck, chest etc. That unconscious tightness has that feeling of what we think high BP feels like.
I know it might sounds like poppycock to you but I've been through this for years and years.

I noticed that I have this symptom two weeks after my dysautonomia triggered. I always wondered why I have forceful heartbeats.... My first thought was that heart is trying to compensate lack of blood flow to the brain. Heartbeat intensity become almost normal if I avoid too much (carb?) food.

This bounding pulse or racing/pounding heart can be caused by quite a few things like anemia, stimulants, heart problems (not that common), anxiety, dehydration causing hypernatremia (which then causes heart symptoms) as well as other issues. In my case fixing anemia and getting more choline got rid of this issue. The muscarinic 2 (M2) receptor slows down the heart rate and reduces heart contractile force.

What happens during these episodes if we take vasodilators like nitric oxide, arginine, citrulline ?
I've wondered too about it being perhaosba short increase in pressure (perhaps fluid) around the heart, this would transfer more mechanical force and make us more aware if the heart action. Edema can be short term in my case so I imagine the heart sac could be vulnerable ti short term edema ?