• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No PEM after weeks on Valacyclovir

Diwi9

Administrator
I wonder if you would benefit from Aggressive Rest Therapy (ART) - we're just talking about it in my thread on pacing here. You essentially force yourself to rest for periods of time when you're feeling like you don't need extra rest, so that you can consolidate your health and use the extra energy for repair/healing.

It seems to be an area of active debate, but there have been a few reports where it helped people improve permanently in the past. It might be useful to build some more regenerative capacity considering your up and down pseudo remissions.
I think there is something to ART. I did hardcore rest last year. This year I've experienced two quasi-/temporary remissions. I'm definitely in better over all condition that I was just two years ago. I'm pretty religious about pacing, even when my ME is doing better, but it's probably because POTS still requires me to lay down frequently!