• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No glutathione, high cysteine, intolerance to supplements- suicidal

Pearshaped

Dear @NotThisGuy dear @bread
very interesting thread

the symptoms you described (jaundice,low uric acid low cortisol,dark urine pale stool difficulties with some electrolytes,low gluthathione,low natrium)were mine at ONSET of ilness.
at that time i also had very high iron,all amino acids very low.

Please forgive me to mess your thread @NotThisGuy but id love to hear about what your onset was & if they meanwhile have found anything and if theres smthg.that has helped you.
im also curious about you @bread.
Thank you.

in my case im still convinced that my liver is ill and that this jas caused my ME but they said its not clear if i had a hepatitis or gallstones.They also assumed it was psychological even though my skin,eyes,even theeth,were yellow.Sending hugs and improvements to you.

I cannot use supplements either. So i stopped them all at once. I was already eating healthy and found out that i could do without the supplements.
My problem is also the liver. And my digestion is a problem. They couldn't find any problems in my blood. But when i detox it really helps me. I think that the nutrients cannot get into the cells sometimes. And all minerals and vitamins need each other to digest and get into the cells. Supplements are bringing this out of balance for us.
For me fish works better than chicken. I also eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.
My depression went away with vitamin c and chocolate. I drink now a lot of stinging nettle tea, wich has a lot of vitamin c.
For the chocolate i now use cacaopowder. Because i can 't digest milk very well I make a cacaodrink with water and sugar.
For me this works.
Now i have to find a way to detox without bringing my problems back.