• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

no fibromyalgia pain in 6 months

"Dr. Sarah's success with light therapy is nothing short of amazing. After years of joint pain and inflammation from her autoimmune condition, she starting using the Joovv 20 minutes each morning after her Crossfit workout. For the first time in a long time, she hasn’t felt fibromyalgia pain in 6 months, a total life-changer."

There are really too many articles/videos to list just one as a reference.

just Google infrared light therapy and click a link that you feel pulled to.

this may also be a game changer for those bedridden, needing caregivers, etc.

I've been using this on my ankles and knees from sports injuries and the effect is very noticeable after only one session. so noticeable that I forget to use it regularly to help rebalance damaged areas.

I'm broke so I don't have a machine. I just bought a bulb used for pet reptiles and plug it into my lamp. ideally a clamp lamp/desk lamp would be great. cost me about $5. highly recommended. will purchase again and incorporate in my healing arsenal.

hope this gives some hope or help to somebody else.

Hd-x

Wow, that lady does cross fit? I'm just recovering and I can't even imagine this.
There are few more, with some impressive recovery: http://www.simplyshredded.com/steph-buckland.html
She had Fibromyalgia and seems to manage it pretty well.

About the lights,
IR lights will not fix Fibromyalgia, it may still help reducing muscle spasm/pain
whereas other patients may take more benefits from cold chamber. There are also trials underway to treat Fibromyalgia pain with green LED Lights:
https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/treatment-pain-gets-green-light
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03677206

You can get IR bulbs at Amazon for cheap,
if you want to try the green light treatment, you need to build yours own LED lamp.
(525nm 50W COB + LED costs around $15)

Last edited:
Wow, that lady does cross fit? I'm just recovering and I can't even imagine this. I have one of these lights I used for plants maybe I'll try it out.

She might have fibromyalgia without the fatigue, my friend does spray tanning for body biulding competitions and says shes spoken to a couple of competitors who have fibromyalgia & body build. They say that the exercise distracts them from the pain - they don't have the fatigue though.

Hd-x

Yes, any high volume training (like Buckland did), will not work for Fibromyalgia with Fatigue.
Doing the opposite (low volume@moderate intensity) may work if exercises are ordered antagonisticly (doing so will keep any partial Fibro related muscle fatigue at bay). Usually, the biggest problem with Fibromyalgia + such sports is the weak CNS stamina.
Squats and all kinds off deadlifts will be the hardest task for the CNS. Overpacing such things can easily worsen FM. Starting with a minimalistic route and increasing slowly volume + intensity, will help the body to adapt new.

Keep in mind FM Fatigue isnt excaclty the same like PEM with CFS/ME.
FM Fatigue can imo be overrriden to some degree. It may obvisously for few folks possible to do the same with PEM, but it is lot harder to handle and more complicated then FM fatigue.

Last edited: