• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH's "Accelerating Research on ME/CFS" Conference April 4-5, 2019 - livestreaming

perrier

They haven't figured yet.
Yes, dear suave, they haven't figured it out yet. And the reason is that there are not enough brilliant minds on this, and not enough of them, and in the end not enough money, and governments who do not contribute because they turn away from young people suffering in silence and asking for death because they cannot endure the pain. Some of the researchers, not the brilliant ones obviously, but some of them are even further behind than the doctors who have worked on trying to help patients for decades. There just are not enough brilliant minds on this.

suevu

Yes, dear suave, they haven't figured it out yet. And the reason is that there are not enough brilliant minds on this, and not enough of them, and in the end not enough money, and governments who do not contribute because they turn away from young people suffering in silence and asking for death because they cannot endure the pain. Some of the researchers, not the brilliant ones obviously, but some of them are even further behind than the doctors who have worked on trying to help patients for decades. There just are not enough brilliant minds on this.

We need to get our voices heard, some campaign with a BIG impact that would make everyone talk about this, even president Trump should be aware.

uglevod

Undeveloped people and minds are everywhere these days, especially in medicine, the worst pupil from my class is now a prominent doctor, but I've yet to meet a one who would be smart enough(by my standards) to listen to .. look at those CFS Masterminds - they sometimes have a trouble to put words in a sentence yet we are waiting for them to make a breakthrough discovery? Too naive i'd say.

RWP (Rest without Peace)

Does anyone know if there is a written summary of the two-day conference available yet? I assume that it was supposed to be written. Anyway, they referred to it on the videos.

suevu

Undeveloped people and minds are everywhere these days, especially in medicine, the worst pupil from my class is now a prominent doctor, but I've yet to meet a one who would be smart enough(by my standards) to listen to .. look at those CFS Masterminds - they sometimes have a trouble to put words in a sentence yet we are waiting for them to make a breakthrough discovery? Too naive i'd say.

The CFS issue should become more political, even at the cost of some people supporting and others not doing, it, without a political topic in the agenda, we will keep being ignored for another 100 years.

Even the patients should be asking for the vote of those wanting to support us. And campaigning online against those who don't. We are legion, more than all the Russian trolls any candidate could ever imagine, so we can destroy or boost political careers. But we must stick together and fire in the same direction.

You don't support CFS patients? You cans consider your political career over.

That should be our goal.

RWP (Rest without Peace)