• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH's "Accelerating Research on ME/CFS" Conference April 4-5, 2019 - livestreaming

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Here is the upcoming schedule for the "NIH Accelerating Research on ME/CFS Meeting"

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

pnD4wXwg2fKqCcHGolEufhbfQekDy2uVc_jMulnGLpgDz1hSeLCMVLl4rSw2sFzBlThFShVu0yxivKbsy6M6Ya7LUVUTXfg16sAgCwUynX_u=s0-d-e1-ft

Follow Members of OMF's Scientific Advisory Board and
Other Esteemed Scientists at the
NIH Accelerating Research on ME/CFS Meeting

We want to thank NIH again for hosting the Accelerating Research on ME/CFS Meeting April 4 - 5, 2019 in Bethesda, MD. Many OMF-funded researchers will be presenting along with a stellar cadre of international researchers and clinicians. The meeting schedule is available here.

The entire program will be available via Livestream as it is happening. Please register here to follow the event.

To help you follow the OMF Scientific Advisory Board, OMF-funded researchers, and collaborators, below is the schedule of presentations:

2019 Accelerating Research on ME/CFS Agenda

Thursday, April 4
Session:
Setting the Stage
Lucinda Bateman, MD
6:20 - 7:00 AM Pacific Time
9:20 - 10:00 AM Eastern Time
2:20 - 3:00 PM GMT

Session: Metabolomics/Metabolism of ME/CFS
Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD
7 - 7:30 AM Pacific Time
10 - 10:30 AM Eastern Time
3 - 3:30 PM GMT

Oliver Fiehn, PhD
8 - 8:30 AM Pacific Time
11 - 11:30 AM Eastern Time
4 - 4:30 PM GMT

Jonas Bergquist, MD, PhD
8:30 - 9 AM Pacific Time
11:30 - 12 Noon Eastern Time
4:30 - 5 PM GMT

Session: Immunology of ME/CFS
Mark Davis, PhD
10:30 - 11 AM Pacific Time
1:30 - 2 PM Eastern Time
6:30 - 7 PM GMT

Maureen Hanson, PhD
11:30 - 12 Noon Pacific Time
2:30 - 3 PM Eastern Time
7:30 - 8 PM GMT

Session: Provocation Studies
David Systrom, MD
1 - 1:30 PM Pacific Time
4 - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
9 - 9:30 PM GMT

Alain Moreau, PhD
2 - 2:30 PM Pacific Time
5 - 5:30 PM Eastern Time
10 - 10:30 PM GMT

Friday, April 5
Session:
Clinician Panel Discussion
Anthony Komoroff, MD, Susan Levine, MD, Daniel Peterson, MD and others
5:30 - 6:30 AM Pacific Time
8:30 - 9:30 AM Eastern Time
1:30 - 2:30 PM GMT

Session: New Technology for ME/CFS Research
Ronald W. Davis, PhD
10:30 - 11 AM Pacific Time
1:30 - 2 PM Eastern Time
6:30 - 7 PM GMT

Session: Imaging of the CNS and ME/CFS
Jarred Younger, PhD
11 - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
2 - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
7 - 7:30 PM GMT

Michael VanElzakker
11:30 - 12 Noon Pacific Time
2:30 - 3 PM Eastern Time
7:30 - 8 PM GMT

Session: Summary of Conference
1:30 - 2:15 PM Pacific Time
4:30 - 5:15 PM Eastern Time
9:30 - 10:15 PM GMT

The complete agenda can be viewed here.

Thank you to NIH for opening this event to the international patient community.

www.omf.ngo

Belbyr

Hey Ben, Cort Johnson just reported that Dr Nath (with the NIH) will be presenting. Do you know what time that might be? I would be really interested to hear from this new guy in the ME/CFS search, unless I missed something...

(edit) never mind, I found it here: Dr. Nath will be presenting at 10:00 AM EST on April 5th (day two) of the Accelerating Research on ME/CFS conference – the first NIH sponsored research conference on the disease since 2011

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
Question, I registered but I didn't get a link, and now I go to the link it says is pass capacity. Do you need a specific link to see the webcast (I do have a registration code).

Belbyr

I am watching. Bateman did a nice job with introduction to the disease, a couple case reports, and therapies used for autonomic function. Nothing new really, just to inform new faces in the crowd.

Belbyr

Naviaux didn't seem to be well spoken in his presentation. He talked about cell danger response and trying to get cells back to health after an infection. He was hard to understand.

sb4

Can any americans tell me what time this presentation started at says 9am usa time. I figure add 6hrs =3pm british summer time.

Seven7

Seven
I'm finding it hard to spot which time zone the meeting is taking place in. Does anyone know, please? (I've probably missed something really obvious – sorry!)

ETA: found it as soon as I posted. D'oh! Sorry again.
Eastern Time zone, it is on lunch break now, restart in 30 or one hour.

Moof

Can any americans tell me what time this presentation started at says 9am usa time. I figure add 6hrs =3pm british summer time.

It started at 2pm, will finish around 11pm.

Gemini

@sb4 time difference between East Coast US and London is five hours, so add 5hrs to 9am for 2pm.

Conference is on lunch break, resuming about 1pm US time perhaps 6pm Uk time.

Moof

Has anyone worked out how to get over the 'Crossdomain access denied" error that pops up every couple of hours, please? I've missed big chunks of the presentations because of it. I can get the closed captions running, but obviously it's jerky, hard to follow, and you can't see the slides.

Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 20.04.37.png

Gemini

Has anyone worked out how to get over the 'Crossdomain access denied" error that pops up every couple of hours, please? I've missed big chunks of the presentations because of it. I can get the closed captions running, but obviously it's jerky, hard to follow, and you can't see the slides.

View attachment 32158
I started over and clicked the link again @Moof.

Moof

I started over and clicked the link again

Thank you – this eventually works after I've done it over and over, and quit/restarted the browser several times...it's just that I miss a good 10 minutes' worth of presentation each time! Really frustrating, but I guess I'll be able to watch some of them again later. :)