• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIHR (National Institute Health Research) launches second £20 million Long COVID funding call

Treeman

NIHR launches second £20 million Long COVID funding call

The UK's Long Covid Task force includes, Dr David Strain, Clinical senior lecturer and honorary consultant, Co-Chair BMA Medical Academic Staff Committee, University of Exeter Medical School who is also involved in treating ME/CFS.

In another interview with the BBC's Horizon shown Dr Strain also talked about the link with ME/CFS and said, “The people who have been shouting about M.E. and CFS for the last 20 years are suddenly being heard. “‘Horizon’ TV interview gives a hugely encouraging boost to people with ME/CFS | The ME Association

This is clearly good news as the National Institute Health Research have now committed £40 million research funding in to this area looking at causes and treatments.