• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH Workshop: Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID19, December 3-4, 2020

Gemini

NIH Announcement

To register for the NIAID-hosted “Workshop on Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19,” to be held online on December 3-4, 2020 from 10:00AM - 5:00PM viewing in Eastern Time [see the link below].

Please click https://cvent.me/MQAxOa for registration and more information about the Workshop.

Last edited:

bensmith

Link is broken for me...i did get cfs from
Covid, what is this? Managment tips, or like doctor stuff?

Too sick anyway just curious.

Gemini

1605557386707.png

Gemini

Link is broken for me...i did get cfs from
Covid, what is this? Managment tips, or like doctor stuff?

Too sick anyway just curious.
@bensmith I'm sorry the link didn't work for you.

The above post contains a bit more information which I copied from the link.

One of the Workshop organizers, Joe Breen, has been working on ME/CFS. I believe it's a research-oriented workshop to come up with a list of areas not currently well-understood that should be studied in order to come up with diagnostics, treatments and preventative measures for Long Term COVID19.

Gemini

Workshop on Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (Day 1)

Air date: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 10:00:00 AM Eastern Time,

Description: NIAID is hosting a virtual Workshop on Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 on December 3-4, 2020 to summarize existing knowledge on post-acute manifestations of COVID-19 and to identify key knowledge gaps.

Register here: https://cvent.me/MQAxOa. Be sure to register to receive updated information about the workshop.

The workshop will open with an overview of the current challenges, talks on clinical observations (both US and international), and some insights from the patient’s perspective. Focus will switch to pathogenic features of coronaviruses as well as host immunological responses.

The first day will wrap up with a series of talks on post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 as reported to date in various focus areas.

Workshop on Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (Day 2)

Air date: Friday, December 4, 2020, 10:00:00 AM Eastern Time

The second day will start with a talk on the intersection of social determinants of health and race/ethnicity on post-acute COVID-19 sequelae and the charge to the breakout groups, who will dive deeper to identify key knowledge gaps regarding the sequelae in various focus areas.

The workshop will be on the Zoom platform; however, due to space restraints on Zoom, it is also available on the NIH videocast.

If you would like to ask the speaker or breakout group a question, please email: postacuteCOVID19seq@niaid.nih.gov with your question and the speaker or breakout group’s name. We will answer as many questions as possible within our time constraints.

@bensmith

Gemini

Observations on the Workshop Agenda:

ME/CFS speakers -- Drs. Peter Rowe, Johns Hopkins, Avi Nath, NINDS, and Tony Komaroff, Harvard.

It seems as if there's no participation by the 100,000+ COVID19 Survivor Corps patient organization only a Day 1 short 20-minute panel with People Experiencing "Long COVID."

Survivor Corp objects to NIH's name change from "Long Hauler COVID19" to "Post Acute COVID19 Sequelae" an inaccurate, unsupported by data name; it prefers "Long Term COVID19" which when they asked him apparently so does Dr. Fauci.