• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH Intramural me/cfs study questions

I was accepted to the NIH Intramural me/cfs study.
I'm really looking forward to participating to hopefully contribute towards science of this horrible illness. I hope my body will be able to make it through the whole process!

Wanted to open up a thread to see if anyone had any questions they think I should ask while there?

Also if any other participants had tips for the process of flying and going through the study that would be much appreciated!

Rooney

Using the wheelchair service that all airlines provide is a MUST. I set this up ahead of time. They'll have an attendant there when you land. Bring a can to fill with water after going through security.
Thanks for participating!

Using the wheelchair service that all airlines provide is a MUST. I set this up ahead of time. They'll have an attendant there when you land. Bring a can to fill with water after going through security.
Thanks for participating!
Good advice. I’m going out to participate next month, and I went ahead and got the TSA Precheck as well, hoping that might further reduce any airport meltdown.