• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nightline Segment on Environmental Illness

Wayne

Hi All,

I know a good percentage of us deal with Environmental Illness (EI), also referred to as MCS. I thought I would post a link to a Nightline segment (Dec.3, 2008) about a doctor in Dallas, Texas who specializes in treating EI.

Dr. Lisa Nagy and Dr. William Rea appear on Nightline

As an unconventional practitioner, Dr. Rea is under scrutiny by Texas medical authorities. There's a pretty aggravating doctor at the end, but I'm not posting this to aggravate anybody. I'm posting this to make some EI tips available that may be effective for some of us.

Wayne

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Hey, I was on that show! In 1986 with the dr. that diagnosed me. filmed at the Univ of Mass. medical center. Also ch 7 out of Boston came to my house for a 2 night series on living with CFS.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Dr Rea is a gem, a very compassionate and brilliant man. It's just unconscionable what they put him through... really crazy.

I've been living with CFS and MCS for 33 years. Eliminating toxins from my life and living in an eco friendly house has made a huge difference.