• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Newspaper" says chronic fatigue syndrome can be "cured" using immunoprop

richvank

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Ir...e-syndrome-can-be-cured-107022573.html?page=1

http://www.immunoprop.com/

The title of the article seems not well chosen. Immunoprop is IV of l-glutathione, l-cystine, ascobrid acid and trace selenium. So looks like "to good to be true"

Hi, Frank.

Dr. Enlander's treatment includes some other supplements in addition to those in Immunoprop. A significant part of his treatment influences the methylation cycle, but his treatment varies somewhat from the others that also deal with this part of the metabolism. These include the full Yasko treatment, the Simplified Treatment Approach that I extracted from it (see www.cfsresearch.org), freddd's protocol, the Vinitsky protocol, the DAN! treatments for autism (including those used by S. Jill James), the Pall protocol, and the methylation protocol used by Dr. Sarah Myhill. This type of treatment does help about two thirds of patients significantly, as can be seen from our clinical study, reported at the above website. However, only a very small number of people have reported full recovery. I am hopeful that XMRV virus treatment may turn out to be the missing piece.

Rich

Michael Dessin

Rich, yea I agree with you...but at the same time I would really discourage CFS patients from getting glut IV's...it can be really dangerous.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
As usual deleted my own reply! so annoying.

Why do you think tha iv glutathione would be dangerous to PWME? i am just wondering. the link above says that immunoprop is a tablet for oral administration. Im intrigued as i dont know much about the science, but i have recently strted taking ascorbic acid in higher doses with selenium and am about toadd in glutathione. It is the only thing so far that has really helped me. I am taking this on the advice of Dr.Myhill and it seems to be more or less what is contained in immunoprop.

Is this a news website or linked to a paper? Just wonderig how widely circulated it was as i thought it was quite a good story.

Michael Dessin

lifts too much of a toxic load and too quickly off the neurons....thus over burdening PWME's body that has detoxification blocks.

Much too powerful for most patients, especially those who have been ill for an extended time.

Small amounts of oral or transdermal seem to be much safer.

Nielk

Dr Enlander doesn't use in in IV form.
The immunoprop comes in tablet form.

Here in Spain, we have no longer information about these treatments and therapies (the language is a problem). Here all is very different. Last week I met the forum, and now I' m going to read all the articles you have in forum. I think it would be a blessing for me. Also It' s very interesting to know people from other places and their experiences, and to read interesting news about cfs.

I'm sorry if you can't understand what I write, it is the first time I write in a english forum, my english is medium, and I have cfs. But by the time, I think I will explain better.

IntuneJune

Welcome

Welcome Eiswomann,

You did VERY well with your English.

There is a wealth of information here, you can spend considerable time reading. I cannot get through it all, nor do I understand it all and English is my first language.

One handy tool, when you are interested in a thread, scroll to the top of the page for that thread, click "thread tools" and then "subscribe to thread." I have found this the easiest way to get back to a topic I am interested in as there is SO MUCH information here and a topic can get buried.

Welcome again!

June

Frank

here's his response
The story about a CURE for CFS/ME is a misquote. I was interviewed by an Irish journalist about CFS/ME. I said there was treatment for CFS/ME, and a number of patients ( ...patience... interesting typo) were helped. This was turned into a story about a Cure .
Another misquote was the statement that XMRV caused the disease. I said it wa...s exciting that a virus was found in a series of CFS/...ME patients.
Regards
Derek Enlander MD
New York

C

Cloud

Here in Spain, we have no longer information about these treatments and therapies (the language is a problem). Here all is very different. Last week I met the forum, and now I' m going to read all the articles you have in forum. I think it would be a blessing for me. Also It' s very interesting to know people from other places and their experiences, and to read interesting news about cfs.

I'm sorry if you can't understand what I write, it is the first time I write in a english forum, my english is medium, and I have cfs. But by the time, I think I will explain better.

Hello eiswomann....I can undertsnd your English just fine. No reason to be sorry anyway.....I can't speak Spanish.

Thanks to June and Cloud, for your wellcome and your advise (it is very difficult to express in other language what I want to say). It is nice to see always there are people that means in the other person.

Thanks for all the information everyone put in the forum.
With the new message of Frank, now I understand better to the doctor. Here, in Spain, the most important doctor in cfs said (from Clinic Hospital in Barcelona), at the moment, that the most important to control and get better is to make an especially environmental control, avoiding contact with chemical and physical contaminants (of course, also making an ecological diet, some supplements, some mild aerobic exercise and care for the mind, and to prevent infections as possible.) He has come to say "this is a pandemic, and it is only the beginning".

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi eiswomann, and welcome. Like veryone else here, i think your English is no problem. Good luck with the reading, there is so much here to take in! sounds like your CFS doctor makes sense, although many of us cant do any aerobic exercise at all.

Michael Dessin

Thanks to June and Cloud, for your wellcome and your advise (it is very difficult to express in other language what I want to say). It is nice to see always there are people that means in the other person.

Thanks for all the information everyone put in the forum.
With the new message of Frank, now I understand better to the doctor. Here, in Spain, the most important doctor in cfs said (from Clinic Hospital in Barcelona), at the moment, that the most important to control and get better is to make an especially environmental control, avoiding contact with chemical and physical contaminants (of course, also making an ecological diet, some supplements, some mild aerobic exercise and care for the mind, and to prevent infections as possible.) He has come to say "this is a pandemic, and it is only the beginning".

Eiswomann its very nice to hear those comments from the doctor in Barcelona....All of what he mentioned makes sense.....We can understand your English very well!

Thanks Frank for that edit :)

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
Hello Eiswomann.

I wish I spoke anything other than English as well as you speak English. Welcome to the forum.