• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

News Interview *today* Andrea & Annette

Wayne

I just watched the interview and am feeling pretty excited about what I heard. It sounds like the grand opening is this Saturday? I'm about 300 miles away, and would consider making a herculean effort to make it if I could. It all feels pretty historic; for us all. -- I really liked the confidence they both seem to exude. And they both seem like real sweethearts besides.

LJS

Luke
I just watched the interview and am feeling pretty excited about what I heard. It sounds like the grand opening is this Saturday? I wasn't able to get much for details on this; does anybody know where I might find more details? I'm about 300 miles away, and would consider making a herculean effort to make it if I could. It all feels pretty historic; for us all.
http://www.wpinstitute.org/news/docs/cmm_opening.pdf
http://www.wpinstitute.org/CMM_Map.pdf
http://www.medicine.nevada.edu/news...-for-community-viewing-tours-on-august-21.htm

paddygirl

Road trip

I hope you get there Wayne. It is historic, I live in Europe and have been trying to organize time off work to go but I don't think it'll happen. I have free (ish) travel but it would take six flights round trip and I have a feeling all the planes to Reno will be full the day before!
I'll just have to be content with knowing it's happening and all the wonderful things that will follow.:Retro smile:

It's a good day x

I think I'm going to ask Harvey and Anette Whittemore to adopt me. I would be a great son for them, mowing lawns and taking out the trash without asking, especially when they give me the same treatment that Andrea is now getting :innocent1:

I've just watched the interview with Andrea and Annette. I am soooooooo happy to see Andrea being well enough to use her energy in this way - so freakin' happy! :victory:

I hope she won't suffer after all of the excitement of this week's opening.

Annette is an amazing spokesperson for all of us, I hope they will get more support in continuing their work.

Isn't this an amazing week for all of us? Even for those whose loved ones have died from this disease as it will bring them closer to getting vindication for the lives of their loved ones. The pain of losing someone to this disease must be unbearably bitter so anything that can reduce the impact of ignorance has to be a good thing.

I hope we can all hang on until appropriate medicine comes.

gu3vara

I've got a feeling that Andrea is on gcmaf, I could be wrong but I don't think that she is on ART only, or even on them at all, time will tell ;) They have the money to afford anything they want to try and that's certainly a promising option.

Wayne

I think I'm going to ask Harvey and Anette Whittemore to adopt me. I would be a great son for them, mowing lawns and taking out the trash without asking, especially when they give me the same treatment that Andrea is now getting :innocent1:

LOL Good one Wasbeer. Fortunately, it appears that the type of treatment Andrea is getting will most likely become available to us in the not too distant future. I don't think this is wishful thinking; Annette and Andrea sure made it sound like some very good things should be available very soon.

Hey Eric.S, I'm not sure how to break this to you, but I'm pretty sure Andrea is married. But she sure is a sweetheart, isn't she?

LJS and Sensing Progress, Thanks much for your assistance in finding the Grand Opening information. Finding little things like that feel pretty onerous for me these days.

Paddygirl, thanks for your note. Wow, you were thinking about coming all the way from Europe? I had just about resigned myself to not going, but am putting my 300 miles into a little more perspective.

Since I can barely tolerate motels, I would likely sleep in my van in a national forest about 100 miles from Reno, and then head in in the morning. Then 300 miles back home. Then days to recover. Would it be worth it?

I'm currently leaning toward trying to do it; I think I'll start making little preparation steps and see how it progresses as the week unfolds. Perhaps I could take some pictures if I made it and post them on this thread when I get back.

Wayne