• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Newborn baby in need of prayers

Martlet

All

My cousin's daughter gave birth to baby Liberty Rose on New Year's Eve. Since then, little Liberty has had a couple of episodes where she stopped breathing and is now back in hospital. They think she may be having little heart attacks and are preparing to move her to a larger hospital. The next 24 hours are crucial. Will all our Christian members who see this please join me in prayer for this little soul?

Thanks in advance.

Martlet

Stone

Sure, will pray immediately. I'll be joining a collective day of fasting tomorrow too, and I'll add little Liberty to the agenda.

Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
7 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. 10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” 11 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

KC22

Will keep Liberty Rose and her family in prayer during this difficult time and all who will be working on her to save her life.

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Liberty Rose

baby.jpgAlways had a soft spot for babies

Martlet

Thank you to all who are praying for little Liberty Rose. I will certainly keep you updated. This is the little one we are praying for, when she was just 24 hours old. She is in the UK and I am hoping her mother is able to snatch some sleep (poor woman - this is her fifth child and the pregnancy was very hard) while those of us on this side of the Pond are praying. And to add to their troubles, Liberty Rose is the grandchild of my cousin who has ME/CFS.

Anyway, I turn back to our Heavenly Father in faith that no matter how things may look to us now, He allows only the most loving things to happen. I ask the Lord Jesus Christ to lay His healing hands on this little child and implore the Holy Spirit to give comfort to her family.

Thanks again.

Martlet

Attachments

• liberty.jpg
    liberty.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 40

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'll join you all in prayer tonight for Liberty Rose and her family. Don't forget Martlet the NHS here is a wonderful organisation for treatment like Liberty Rose needs, they'll do all they can, their care really is the best and she's in safe hands.

leela

I shall gladly pray for the little one too. You don't have to be Christian for your prayers to be heard...

Martlet

Thank you all once again for your prayers. Liberty Rose is slightly improved, although not yet out of the woods and still very poorly, but we know that we worship and awesome and loving God, even as we intercede for this young life. I will keep you updated further as I receive news. And yes, I know she is in good hands under the NHS. It really comes into its own with acute problems like this. Anyway, if you could continue to hold this little one in your prayers....

Again, thank you, with the deepest of gratitude.

Martlet

Thanks Dainty. The poor little thing is hooked up to all sorts of gadgets, but she breathed on her own this morning, although she is still receiving oxygen. Still not out of danger, but she is headed in the right direction. This picture was taken this morning.

Attachments

• liberty2.jpg
    liberty2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 33

leela

Precious tiny love! I feel for her parents...so hard to see her this way.
It is so encouraging to know she is moving in the right direction and we shall keep that prayer and aspiration in our hearts.
Thanks for keeping us updated, Martlet.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
You got it, shes got it!! My daughter was born 12 weeks early and had open heart surgery when she was three. Please keep us informed on her status if you are able.

With love and prayers,
August59 (JR)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
She looks a good weight Martlet (not to mention beautiful too) and thats in her favour, glad to hear of the slight improvement

Martlet

Updating you as I get updates. Just talked to my cousin's husband and he said that little "Libby" was touch and go for that first 24 hours. I told him that you are all praying and he was so touched. He knows ME, from taking care of my cousin, and he really appreciated the fact that you are taking time out from your lives to remember this little one. It occurred to me how, given the different time zones, all you good people and my praying family members and friends elsewhere are creating a round the clock prayer vigil, so that there is never a moment that someone, somewhere, doesn't have Liberty in their prayers. What an amazing thing!

Anyway, the little one has been taken out of ICU and was able to take a little bit of milk, a few hours ago. She is still very poorly so is in a private room. My cousin's husband said that she's a real little fighter.

Leela - you are so right, when it comes to her parents. They were told that she might go at any time, two nights ago, and as you can imagine, my niece was a wreck, but they are holding up. I am also worried about my cousin. She is trying to look after her other four grandchildren while her daughter and son-in-law are at the hospital. The work and the emotional strain are taking their toll on her, too.

August - My heart goes out to you for what you went through. How is your daughter now?

Mary - We were pleased to see the picture, as sad as it is to see a little one hooked up to all those gadgets. The first thing we noticed was that she is a good colour.

And finally, they now know what the cause is. She has an infection deep in the bronchioles.

SOC

My thoughts and prayers are with little Libby and her family. This has to be an excruciating time for everyone. I'm glad they know what's wrong with her and that she is showing some improvement.

I second Leela:
You don't have to be Christian for your prayers to be heard...