• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Youtube film by the cleveland clinic about XMRV

justinreilly

With the exception of a couple of studies, they're not finding XMRV in prostate cancer in Europe. Yet, that is not stopping the prostrate/XMRV research funding here. The disparity (awkward pause) is frustrating!

ETA: I had no idea the Cleveland Clinic had a british accent! Fancy!

Plus he then adds something about the exciting and important part about XMRV is that they hopefully will develop a tx for prostate cancer; no mention of ME. The fact he's a urologist must explain some of it, but yes I agree that the disparity (awkward pause) is frustrating.

CC has generally historically been a bit in the not-taking-ME-seriously camp, at least according to word of mouth and what was posted on their website when I saw it about a year ago.

Adam

Adam

My god man, why do such a thing? Society will crumble. ;)

:D:D:D

Don't you just love C4's token Geordie who does the voice over for programme links and also Big Brother?

My favourite TV voice is Sean Bean (O2). Fellow Sheffielder and 100% Blade.

Paul Whitehouse' Green Army Plymouth Argyle footie fan makes me smile too.

Adam

English accent = Hugh Laurie
American accent = Hugh Laurie

It amazes me Hugh Laurie is so popular in House. It must be good because his accent certainly isn't, not from from the few clips I have seen.

Have any of 'youse' guys ever seen him in Blackadder? It certainly demonstartes his versatility.

On a more sombre note, the final series of Blackadder - Blackadder Goes Forth (set in the trenches in WW1) is arguably one of the best series in British TV.

Arm yourself with 'pads' - saves on washing underwear after peeing yourself laughing...and for the last episode, tissues and someone to hug after it is over. The final scene I think was voted something like second or third in an all-time Greatest TV Moments poll.

omerbasket

For me it's an exciting video. From the XMRV story I've learned very much about the improtance of great people who care about others - Such as the people in the Cleveland Clinic and in the WPI.