• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New XMRV DOCUMENTARY IN THE MAKING!!

Tembo

Australia
I found out some exciting news yesterday!

My Mum ( chronic me/cfs bedridden sufferer for 25+yrs and accepted as part of the WPI Study) received an email yesterday asking her if she would like to partake in a new documentary about ME/ CFS. Its being produced by Susan Douglas in the UK and her email quotes:
" we are working closely with the Whittemore Peterson Institute and will be featuring their progress with the XMRV virus discovery"

On the link you will see two different videos - both of which are excerpts from the doco - make sure to watch both of them.

Both Dr Mikovitz and Dr Peterson are on them.

The Documentary is called "WHAT ABOUT ME?" and there is a "GET INVOLVED" button if you are interested in helping them even if its just a testimony.

Sooo exciting!! :victory:Finally some media attention.

http://www.whataboutme.biz/

omerbasket

That seems like a fantastic movie. And it is very upseting, what I hear in these videos - Altough most of that I already know.
Perhaps some people would say that because the movie clearly makes a statement, than it could have been better. But I don't think so. First of all, because the "other side" here have no real evidence to justify his claims, and second of all because sometimes the truth have to be told in the clearest sentences.

I'll be happy if when this movie comes out, someone would notify us.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
ty

Thank you for posting this tembo

I would like to see more mention of the sick feeling that the patients constantly have. How people have lost their personality - as they are actually feeling too ill to talk much. Someone had mentioned to me that I have lost my umph - its not that i lost it I am just not up to talking etc. Also some have constant headaches that escalate into migraines. Constant soar throat, constant nausea etc - constant feeling of being hung over

glen

Enid

Thanks for posting, lovely to see all "our favourites" fighting on whilst 8 years later I'm still at 30% capacities. Lifts the spirits ! Enid.

Frank