• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New treatment for Mycobacterium abscessus claims 100% success!

Peyt

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/a...OpNLHwrudhLG73NnIS_QoEPyFx36BaocWOKpW8k4iutzY

Here is a new study I would like to share with everyone... I hope as months and years go by and new treatments come out for this illness the readers will share their findings too.... The current antibiotic regimen has very strong side effects and in most cases needs to be taken for 2 years and the outcome is not very positive even after all that... so Looking forward to some new treatments.... Please share your findings! Thanks

Peyt

is Mycobacterium abscessus often found in ME patients?
Not sure, but I have ME and I have M. Abscessus.... The problem with this bacteria is it's hard to treat... The antibiotics need to be taken for a long time (between 1 to 2 years) and has lots of side effects and success rate is between 25% and 80% .... That's why some doctors don't even recommend doing the antibiotic treatment unless there is damage showing on the lungs on a CT scan...... If you want to find out if you have this or other bacteria like it in your lung you can ask your Pulmonary doctor to do a sputum culture test for you....