• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New treatment for long covid

ruben

The article this morning was very brief. I think it was just a preview of the fuller report this evening.

BrightCandle

elvira

Inulin and lactobacillus, Vit D, phytochemicals(polyphenols, flavonoids, isoflavonoids, anthocyanidins, phytoestrogens, terpenoids, carotenoids, limonoids, phytosterols, glucosinolates, and fiber). Doesn't sound like anything people haven't tried already.

No, quite dissapointing. Getting tired of these ”big news” of stuff that is just a mix of things everyone can try already. Like the AXA drug trial. Please come with something new!

katabasis

No, quite dissapointing. Getting tired of these ”big news” of stuff that is just a mix of things everyone can try already. Like the AXA drug trial. Please come with something new!

If they didn't spin stuff into these 'big news' pieces, no one would watch the news. This is especially true in the age of social media, where traditional media has to compete with sources which are inherently faster, funnier, and pre-sensationalized. An unintended side effect of the attention economy, I suppose.

godlovesatrier

If anyone is interested

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...rted-symptoms-changed-over-the_tbl1_357932255

Even though I laughed about this I have actually seen a study recently prove that lactobacillus is very low in patients who go ont on to get long covid. My lactobacillus levels are also very low. As is my igm and igg subclasses. All of which are low in people who get long covid. Basically I'm a dead wringer to get it.

The corroborative lactobacillus research study was done by a Chinese group so no vested interest.

BrightCandle

Lactobacilius can almost certainly be fermented in milk, they convert glucose to lactate. As such if you take a few of those pills and crush it up into some milk and then make yoghurt from it, say 38C for 24 hours you can probably increase the dosage of bacteria to the region of 60+ billion in 120ml or so of milk. There is a whole host of species that fall under this species that potentially behave quite differently but this species is the most common probiotic found in yoghurt and if you want very particular species you can make your own. I have been making L reuteri and bifidobacterium Longum "yoghurt" recently so its possible to do this with a variety of different bacteria although mine have required inulin fibre to really work. Lactobacilius will happily eat the lactose in the milk and if you leave it longer it will multiple more, a bit of inulin and 36 hours and it will be utterly rich with whatever you started it with but it will also be pretty acidic and the proteins denatured as well.