• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Source of Cheap Poo

helios

yes, I think because covid-19 made people allot more mindful about their health, maybe in few years FMT will become allot more researched and some reasonable priced solution will be available locally.
It is very tricky to find an FMT donor and best bet will be for people to use someone they know and trust. This is not easy for many with CFS as many will typically have a limited social circle due to their chronic health and or may not have suitable healthy family members. Ideally the younger and athletic the donor the more healthy and diverse their gut biome will be. Many wiped out CFS patients are just not going to have that network of ideal contacts. Asking someone who has never heard of FMT and is squeamish over poop or is young and have immature attitude to FMT risks damaging your relationship with them and how they react to you going forward. The people who appreciate it the concept/motivation the more are often people with health issues and so not ideal candidates.

Knowing the medical industry if they can patent an FMT pill they will or limit it to registered clinics doing it at $600 a visit they will. As someone mentioned above healthy active people are busy living life and have no concept of the misery of living with chronic poor health and the chance to make $60 or whatever on the side for their donation is not worth the hassle for them. As for clinics I don't think they have it much easier finding suitable donors either and I don't think they will hold out for ideal super donor candidate but rather take on those who are willing who pass the minimum infectious diseases tests. The clinic will still make its money whether its a success or not just as long as they don't make anyone worse. For c.diff its a great success but for CFS patients with gut issues its hit and miss. I am currently doing FMT with this donor and have had health improvement (steady increase with each one) but too early to post a full report or know I wont relapse.

Last edited:

Daffodil

It is very tricky to find an FMT donor and best bet will be for people to use someone they know and trust. This is not easy for many with CFS as many will typically have a limited social circle due to their chronic health and or may not have suitable healthy family members. Ideally the younger and athletic the donor the more healthy and diverse their gut biome will be. Many wiped out CFS patients are just not going to have that network of ideal contacts. Asking someone who has never heard of FMT and is squeamish over poop or is young and have immature attitude to FMT risks damaging your relationship with them and how they react to you going forward. The people who appreciate it the concept/motivation the more are often people with health issues and so not ideal candidates.

Knowing the medical industry if they can patent an FMT pill they will or limit it to registered clinics doing it at $600 a visit they will. As someone mentioned above healthy active people are busy living life and have no concept of the misery of living with chronic poor health and the chance to make $60 or whatever on the side for their donation is not worth the hassle for them. As for clinics I don't think they have it much easier finding suitable donors either and I don't think they will hold out for ideal super donor candidate but rather take on those who are willing who pass the minimum infectious diseases tests. The clinic will still make its money whether its a success or not just as long as they don't make anyone worse. For c.diff its a great success but for CFS patients with gut issues its hit and miss. I am currently doing FMT with this donor and have had health improvement (steady increase with each one) but too early to post a full report or know I wont relapse.
thanks for the post. i am so glad to hear you are improving. the young fit wealthy ivy league grad donor i found ended up swindling me. i lost $1250 which is hard to come by for me these days. and got no poop. i begged him to return at least some of it because i am sick, on disability, etc but he stopped answering my emails. i was big blow to my already fragile state of mind.

you are exactly right. it is almost impossible for homebound people to get this done. i am gradually beginning to search again but have exhausted every online avenue. I was excited this AM when I came upon a teenager willing to help but I feel like he will just flake out when his parents find out.

This new obstacle, coupled with the failed spine surgery, and approaching 30 yrs with this....I really wish I had no responsibilities so I could just stop fighting.

Are you doing enemas? capsules or both? How often?
Thanks

Hipsman

@Daffodil have you considered just trialing experimental treatments from this list? I don't think it's worth your time and money if you haven't tried more readily available treatments options, I started low dose abilify today, it looks promising for many patients (as long as you don't get side-effects)...

helios

thanks for the post. i am so glad to hear you are improving. the young fit wealthy ivy league grad donor i found ended up swindling me. i lost $1250 which is hard to come by for me these days. and got no poop. i begged him to return at least some of it because i am sick, on disability, etc but he stopped answering my emails. i was big blow to my already fragile state of mind.

you are exactly right. it is almost impossible for homebound people to get this done. i am gradually beginning to search again but have exhausted every online avenue. I was excited this AM when I came upon a teenager willing to help but I feel like he will just flake out when his parents find out.

This new obstacle, coupled with the failed spine surgery, and approaching 30 yrs with this....I really wish I had no responsibilities so I could just stop fighting.

Are you doing enemas? capsules or both? How often?
Thanks
Oh no that is terrible. So sorry this ivy league c**t scammed you. That is a lot to pay up front imo. I pay per sample on pickup or for others it will be per mail out. I would be very disappointed if FMT did nothing for me as I held out a lot of hope for it as imo it is something that has the ability to alter health more profoundly than an off the shelf probiotic or supplement (plus my health issues all started after longterm ABx use)...but I also have been happy to have at least tried it and gave it a go than live wondering what if maybe. The trouble is you could chose someone not ideal where it may not work or use protocol that may work but with a different donor or process it could, which is frustrating to know you have given it the best shot.
I put up ads at universities and naturopath schools without success (not easy at some places). I also asked a few people and athletes and some took the request well but it weirded out a few and was awkward. Using a teenager with good diet and no ABx usage is good, but you will really need the permission of his parent/s too, but I would have thought the hard part was getting the okay from the donor which you have already. Good Luck with the parents.
I do both methods. Once a month initially now once every 7-10 days for a few more times.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
he young fit wealthy ivy league grad donor i found ended up swindling me. i lost $1250 which is hard to come by for me these days. and got no poop. i begged him to return at least some of it because i am sick, on disability, etc but he stopped answering my emails. i was big blow to my already fragile state of mind.

I'm sorry, @Daffodil. That's so discouraging.

Daffodil

@Daffodil have you considered just trialing experimental treatments from this list? I don't think it's worth your time and money if you haven't tried more readily available treatments options, I started low dose abilify today, it looks promising for many patients (as long as you don't get side-effects)...
wow that is quite a list..thanks for the link. i have tried more than half of those things already, and for years. Not all though. Some would be impossible to access, such as Ampligen and Interferon. I have a friend who loves Kambo...I could try that one.

I notice that now, because its been so long, I seem to get motivated by only the most extreme solutions. It is like part of me wants to die if I can't feel better relatively quickly.

With the Ivy League guy, he wanted me to pay a retainer just to keep his interest, he said. Didnt matter if he did anything or not. I was stupid and desperate, which I am a lot these days.

Yes the teenager has perfect health but I wont make the same mistake....if I cant get parents permission, I wont do it. This guy doesnt want to use his insurance so I have to pay out of pocket for every test too.

ads in health food stores and Univ campus might be an idea if i could travel.

thanks for listening

Last edited:

Strawberry

I notice that now, because its been so long, I seem to get motivated by only the most extreme solutions. It is like part of me wants to die if I can't feel better relatively quickly.

Be careful with that one my friend! My personal experience is that we push too quickly and ruin it all. I think health improvements need to happen slowly and gently. I’ve ruined many treatments with my impatience. I’m still impatient, but trying to slow down my expectations and save my energy.

Key word *trying*.

poop-ice-cream.jpg

I eat one of these every now and then because it's cheap. It doesn't seem to affect my health though. (Sorry guys I just needed a few laughs :rofl:)