• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new research project funded for CFS

News

Dr Derek Enlander of the CFS/ ME Clinic in New York has been awarded a $50,000 research grant to determine the effects of EECP (Enhanced External Cardiac CounterPulsation) on the circulation of patients suffering from CFS/ME. The EECP machine has been installed in the New York Clinic and patients are now being treated.
Dr Cheney and Dr Enlander have previously written about CFS / ME causing cardiovascular symptoms, this research may yield help in this facet. Initial results are promising.
Barbara

leelaplay

Thanks barbara - and welcome to the forum.

Good to hear that initial results are good. I hope you can keep us posted on the research.

Where did the grant come from?

News

Dr Derek Enlander of the CFS/ ME Clinic in New York has been awarded a $50,000 research grant to determine the effects of EECP (Enhanced External Cardiac CounterPulsation) on the circulation of patients suffering from CFS/ME. The EECP machine has been installed in the New York Clinic and patients are now being treated.
Dr Cheney and Dr Enlander have previously written about CFS / ME causing cardiovascular symptoms, this research may yield help in this facet. Initial results are promising.
Barbara