• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Nagalase test precautions

Overstressed

I contacted the lab that tested my Nagalase levels (www.europeanlaboratory.nl), to ask them if my test result(0.7= normal) was correct. Until now, it looks like I'm the only one testing normal on Nagalase. Note however, that I received already 27(full dose) injections of Gc-Maf at that time.

This is what the biologist answered me, and might of interest for all who tested on Nagalase:

"Recently, we have changed the requirements in order to ensure reliable results of Nagalase testing: you should be off meds, 5 days prior to the test."

In my personal case, I was 6 days off Gc-Maf when I did the test, so my test results seems reliable. Supplements like B2,B6,B12 and folic acid don't seem to influence the test.

All in all, I'm thinking of repeating the test in the (very) near future.

OS.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks OS,

Do you have any idea what other meds would need to be stopped--antibiotics, Nexavir,???

Thanks for this as a few patients are about to be tested.

Sushi

Overstressed

Hi Sushi,

no, I really have no idea. I mentioned B2,B6, B12 and folic acid, but the biologist didn't make a remark about that. What he did say, it was important for me that I was off Gc-Maf for 6 days. That seems to be important.

Let me give you his contact details, perhaps you can ask him directly: e.vogelaar@healthdiagnostics.nl

Take care,
OS.

lobba123

they told me this in april 2011 too so it is not so new, they just said 5 days off gcmaf because it may influence result they never talked about other drugs

Rrrr

what about other antivirals, like nexavir and artesunate? i'll email the address OS give us above... and i'll ask.

Rrrr

i got this just now from Vitamin Diagnostics (the US lab for European lab Overstressed talked about)

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:55:25 -0400

Hi

I asked the lab technician and you do not need to be off any medications.
Just make sure to list them on the requisition form in the space provided.

Sincerely,

xxxx